You are not logged in.

#26 2014-12-28 11:09:13

nmset

Re: Cups 2.0.0 high cpu

I investigated with perl packages on two hosts concerning the "/usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/cups/drivers/foomatic list" block. After removing completely perl-clone (pacman -Rcc), the problem got resolved. Both the cups web interface and "lpinfo -m" work normally. How and why did perl-clone interfere ? don't know, don't know perl language at all, someone knowledgeable in perl should investigate.

#27 2014-12-28 11:16:10

mcloaked

nmset wrote:

I investigated with perl packages on two hosts concerning the "/usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/cups/drivers/foomatic list" block. After removing completely perl-clone (pacman -Rcc), the problem got resolved. Both the cups web interface and "lpinfo -m" work normally. How and why did perl-clone interfere ? don't know, don't know perl language at all, someone knowledgeable in perl should investigate.

I don't have the package perl-clone installed - so that solution would not be relevant to my cups issues. Why it matters for yours I don't know.

Mike C

#28 2015-01-02 16:43:08

tachy

The foomatic list command blocks whenever I have foomatic-db-engine installed.
I have tried removing packages and configuration, reinstalling everything again.
As soon as foomatic-db-engine is installed, it stops working.

So now I am trying to figure out how to debug foomatic...

#29 2015-01-02 16:50:28

fdservices

Did you check this out? https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 9#p1472149

I have foomatic-db-engine installed with no problems.

Andrew

#30 2015-01-02 17:01:50

tachy

fdservices wrote:

Did you check this out? https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 9#p1472149

I have foomatic-db-engine installed with no problems.

Andrew

Thanks for the tip, but no, deleting the file does not help.
Also, I am not even getting any error messages - the foomatic command simply blocks.

I narrowed it down to line 101 in /usr/lib/cups/driver/foomatic:

$db->get_overview(1, 1 + $listreadymadeppds);

I put in some debug printing before and after the line, and it clearly blocks on this exact spot.
I wonder why, or how I should continue from here...

Last edited by tachy (2015-01-02 17:05:08)

#31 2015-01-02 17:22:51

tachy

Oh, wait, the command completed!!

I left the "foomatic list" command running in the background for a very long time, grinding a core on my i7-4600U, and it finally returned.

I wonder why that specific line took so long to complete. I am timing it now...

*EDIT*
time /usr/lib/cups/driver/foomatic list

real	13m8.364s
user	13m5.553s
sys	0m0.057s

Last edited by tachy (2015-01-02 17:27:59)

#32 2015-01-02 18:07:24

tachy

Ok, I kinda found the culprit: gutenprint

Removing the gutenprint package resolved my problem, and foomatic no longer hangs for 13+ minutes.

This is how it looks:
* /usr/lib/cups/driver/foomatic line 101 calls get_overview from Foomatic::DB
* /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Foomatic/DB.pm line 1741 calls parseOverview from Foomatic::DB::filters::xml::xmlParse
* /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Foomatic/filters/xml/xmlParse.pm "hangs" during the loop starting at line 768

Below is the loop from xmlParse.pm
The driverName it "hangs" on is gutenprint-ijs.5.2

#DRIVER DRIVEN, ADD DRIVER DATA TO PRINTER
	foreach my $driverName (keys %drivers) {
		my $driver = $drivers{$driverName};
		if (($cupsMode) && ((!$driver->{'cmd'}) &&
				    (!$driver->{'cmd_cmd'}))) {
			next; # In CUPS mode a driver that lacks a cmd or a
			      # pdf_cmd (cmd_cmd) is useless and should not
			      # appear in overview. Note that here we do
			      # no need to consider that there could be
			      # also a ready-made PPD file (CUPS mode 2), as
			      # the links to the PPDs are in the printer
			      # entry files and here we do not have a
			      # printer entry.
		}
		foreach my $printer (@{$driver->{'printers'}}) {
			if($printer->{'id'}) {
				my $id = $printer->{'id'};

if (!$printers{$id}) {#create new no xml printer
					$printers{$id} = $this->getNoXmlPrinter($id);
				}

#add driver to printer's list of drivers
				push(@{$printers{$id}->{'drivers'}}, $driverName);

#add driver data to printer
				$printers{$id}->{'driverproperties'}{$driverName} = $this->getPrinterSpecificDriver($driver, $printer, 0);
			}
		}
		delete $driver->{'printers'}; #cleans out the driver's printers array
	}

I added this line at the top of the outer foreach loop to find the driverName:

print STDERR "DEBUG: driverName: $driverName\n";

Adding another debug line to the inner foreach loop reveals that the gutenprint-ijs.5.2 driver contains thousands of printers, which, for some reason, take a huge amount of time to process.

Last edited by tachy (2015-01-02 18:44:25)

#33 2015-01-02 22:14:29

herOldMan

Hi,

This makes sense. However, I dont have the foomatic-db package installed and do not have a /usr/lib/cups/driver/foomatic file or a /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Foomatic directory. So I assume, if the loop through the models is the culprit, that an equivalent xmlparse is occuring somewhere else. It seems I must use the gutenprint package for an acceptable driver for my Cannon MX 920 printer, so uninstalling it is not an option for me.

Perhaps removing all of the printers I don't need from the xml file itself is a possible solution. Shooting in the dark, I tried removing the extraneous printers from the xml files located at /usr/share/foomatic/db/source/driver/gutenprint-ijs.5.2.xml and /usr/share/foomatic/db/source/driver/gutenprint-ijs-simplified.5.2.xml and /usr/share/gutenprint/5.2/xml/printers.xml. However, that did not solve the extended high-cpu demand that occurs with administrative tasks. I have subsequently restored my original files. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong xml file... but darned if I can find another. More likely, I'm simply over my head.

Here is another quandry that is perhaps related. The printer is on the LAN. To see it, I start the following services: avahi-daemon.service, org.cups.cupsd.service, and cups-browsed.service. I used to have these enabled at boot but now I deliberately start them when I need to print and stop them when finished.  The reason I do this is that I have found that, at shutdown, I get a hung avahi stop job about 5% of the time when these three services are running,  For me, explicily starting/stopping the services is not a nuisance but there are several other Arch users on the network with independent installs that have the same random stop job hang.

#34 2015-01-04 12:38:20

bebo42

Happy New Year everybody!

Had the same problem here with a Brother HL-2035 on USB2 with cups 2.0.1-1 installed.
Removing gutenprint doesn't change anything, instead modifying /etc/cups/client.conf as mentioned before (#22) was the solution for me.

Taylan wrote:

Modifying /etc/cups/client.conf worked for me, see this post on another thread https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 6#p1482856

Now the high CPU usage is back to normal, when:
- switching the printer on
- printing
- performing certain printer commands (i.e. lpinfo -v)

However when I'm administrating the printer via localhost:631 the CPU uses still about 96%.

Last edited by bebo42 (2015-01-04 12:39:13)

#35 2015-01-04 15:17:45

mcloaked

I had another look at this issue on my machine.  Firstly I uninstalled gutenprint as it was not needed for my printer (Samsung MFP) but that made no difference to the high CPU issue.   Then I stopped the org.cups.cupsd service that had been started by the org.cups.cupsd.socket when the printer had been switched on (and which led to the 100% CPU issue).

With the org.cups.cupsd service stopped I edited /etc/cups/client.conf to have

# see 'man client.conf'
#ServerName /run/cups/cups.sock #  alternative: ServerName hostname-or-ip-address[:port] of a remote server
ServerName localhost:631

and then did

systemctl --system daemon-reload

Then since the change to the file above would presumably then not have socket activation any more I started the org.cups.cupsd service with systemctl.  There was no longer any pegging of the CPU at 100%.  Setting a print did start the printer which then whirred for around 20 seconds before the print came out but it printed fine with no CPU load at 100%.   I also checked that going to localhost:631 in a browser worked fine, and that checking the printer on that web cups interface worked fine without high CPU load.

However if I stop the org.cups.cupsd service then switch off the printer and back on then the socket activation no longer works - but restarting org.cups.cupsd service works fine with no further 100% CPU issues.

So I don't know if this seems to point at the socket activation causing a problem which is avoided by changing the client.conf file to look at localhost:631?  If so then presumably the workaround is to disable via systemctl org.cups.cupsd.socket and enable org.cups.cupsd.service so that the cups service runs at boot but socket activation is no longer running?

Perhaps some more investigation into this looking at whether switching socket activation back on brings the problems back might be worthwhile?  Also is there any issue with the way the service files have been written for cups socket activation that may be behind this problem?

Last edited by mcloaked (2015-01-04 15:20:58)

Mike C

#36 2015-01-04 17:20:17

mcloaked

This is possibly related but needs more research into the connection with the bug in this thread, if any, since this is from almost a year ago:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/38684

Mike C

#37 2015-01-05 11:12:18

tachy

herOldMan wrote:

I dont have the foomatic-db package installed and do not have a /usr/lib/cups/driver/foomatic file or a /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Foomatic directory.

That file and directory are owned by foomatic-db-engine.

As for foomatic, I think it works something like this:
* The foomatic-db-engine package installs some sort of "driver interface" for CUPS that generates printer PPD files from XML. It also provides its own print spooler.
* The foomatic-db packages contains printer and driver information stored as XML. The package also contains pre-compiled PPD files for CUPS, so foomatic-db-engine is not requiered if you use CUPS.
* Some driver packages like hplip require foomatic-db-engine, maybe in order to generate some of the PPD files for CUPS (I don't know).

Looking at the gutenprint package:
* According to optional dependencies, both cups and foomatic-db-engine are supported spoolers, i.e. foomatic-db-engine is not required.
* The package contains XML files for both foomatic and gutenprint, but also pre-compiled PPD files for CUPS.

My guess is gutenprint shouldn't have to parse the XML because it provides its own PPD files for CUPS.
Problems arise when gutenprint is installed alongside both CUPS and foomatic-db-engine, because the foomatic-db-engine driver interface for CUPS will try to parse all the XML from gutenprint to generate PPD files.

herOldMan wrote:

So I assume, if the loop through the models is the culprit, that an equivalent xmlparse is occuring somewhere else.

I would be surprised if there was some sort of equivalent XML parsing in gutenprint, as gutenprint already contains gzipped PPDs, and AFAIK it does not try to implement a spooler system like foomatic-db-engine.

Even if you had foomatic-db (not -engine) installed, this package only contains XML for foomatic itself (not gutenprint), so it seems unlikely that gutenprint should have the same problem of trying to generate PPDs from it.

herOldMan wrote:

Perhaps removing all of the printers I don't need from the xml file itself is a possible solution. Shooting in the dark, I tried removing the extraneous printers from the xml files located at /usr/share/foomatic/db/source/driver/gutenprint-ijs.5.2.xml and /usr/share/foomatic/db/source/driver/gutenprint-ijs-simplified.5.2.xml and /usr/share/gutenprint/5.2/xml/printers.xml. However, that did not solve the extended high-cpu demand that occurs with administrative tasks. I have subsequently restored my original files. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong xml file... but darned if I can find another. More likely, I'm simply over my head.

If foomatic-db-engine is not installed on your system, you are not experiencing the exact same problem as me (/usr/lib/cups/driver/foomatic).

If you remove the gutenprint XML schemas located under /usr/share/foomatic/db/source/.... (look at "pacman -Ql gutenprint"), I guess this should indeed stop foomatic-db-engine from wreaking havoc and just let CUPS use the pre-compiled PPD files provided by gutenprint. But again, with foomatic-db-engine not installed on your system, these XML files should not even be in use.

If you use "top" and press [c] to toggle full command display, which process(es) consume all the CPU during administrative tasks?

herOldMan wrote:

Here is another quandry that is perhaps related. The printer is on the LAN. To see it, I start the following services: avahi-daemon.service, org.cups.cupsd.service, and cups-browsed.service. I used to have these enabled at boot but now I deliberately start them when I need to print and stop them when finished.  The reason I do this is that I have found that, at shutdown, I get a hung avahi stop job about 5% of the time when these three services are running,  For me, explicily starting/stopping the services is not a nuisance but there are several other Arch users on the network with independent installs that have the same random stop job hang.

This sounds like a completely different bug - something like the stuff @mcloaked is onto.

Last edited by tachy (2015-01-05 11:17:15)

#38 2015-01-08 00:38:43

luuuciano

I have a samsung ml2165w
The 100% cpu usage starts when I power off the printer... I have to stop or restart the service...

Testing the https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 6#p1482856 changes now....

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/42666

SOLUTION
to modify  /etc/cups/client.conf
remove ServerName /run/cups/cups.sock and replace it with ServerName localhost:631

PD: it seems to work for me... printed a few pages, then powered it off... and no 100% cpu
PD2: no... it happened again today... lol

Last edited by luuuciano (2015-01-11 17:08:25)

I arch, you arch, he arch, she arch, we arch, they arch...

#39 2015-01-09 17:17:50

Shim

Hello all!
I had the same problem plus some after the last system upgrade. I managed to partially fix part of them but high cpu usage still persists plus the printer that used to work without a problem before the upgrade (Brother HL-2270DW, network) is not working anymore, usb hp printer is uneffected. I deleted the Brother printer, tried to reinstall it but cups could not find printer drivers although the standard ones with gutenprint and foomatic plus hl2280 from AUR were installed (I tried to reinstall it both manually and through web-interface). After playing with it for a few days, following all the advice I could find online I managed to re-install the printer but only as a usb one. When I modify it as a network (lpd or dnssd) with the same driver as for usb (hl2280) I get a message "unable to locate the printer".
As result of the last two days I don't have foomatic-db-engine.
Another thing that I found is

$ lpq
lpq: Unable to connect to server.
$ lpr /home/file.pdf 
lpr: Error - scheduler not responding.

I cannot print any files but the test page, and on web-interface it doesn't show that I even sent a file to print. When I tried to send a file to print from FireFox at first it was getting printer information for a few minutes and then FF crushed, now it doesn't show Brother printer available, I can only print to file from FF. Okular gives me the list of all printers, sends file to print but actually nothing happens, the job doesn't appear in the job list.

#40 2015-01-09 21:32:53

herOldMan

On the cpu, my client.conf has the fix applied, but I still get the high cpu on administrative tasks.

On the missing printer:

My cannon network printer went missing in a similar fashion. I then assigned it a static ip and changed my printer connection to:
lpd://<printerIP>/PASSTHRU

Not sure why the dnssd connection stopped working, but the work-around is fine by me.

#41 2015-01-10 18:00:04

Shim

I don't think I'm having only printer problems because of lpr and lpq messages, to me it looks like the issue with cups rather than a printer.

#42 2015-01-10 21:03:11

mcloaked

If anyone can add diagnostic data to the bug reports at https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/42666 and/or https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4521+P-1+S-2+C0+I0+E0+Q then it would likely gain more traction towards a fix than posting here.

Mike C

#43 2015-01-14 12:02:35

silviosa

I have 2 archlinux boxes. One recently updated, the other not. The first box had the high cpu problem, the other not. Comparing installed package I found the only difference was cups-filters. So I rolled back to cups-filters-1.0.61-3-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz and I have no more high cpu in the first box.

Maybe the problem is caused by cups-filters-1.0.61-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz.

#44 2015-01-15 20:10:53

AndyRTR
Developer

cups-filters 1.0.61-4 was a simple .so rebuild against poppler 0.29.0 - this shouldn't cause any harm and any older version should give missing .so link error.

But for sure cups-filters could cause the load due to a different reason.

Last edited by AndyRTR (2015-01-15 20:11:29)

#45 2015-01-16 12:46:19

silviosa

Tks for your answer, AndyRTR.

I confirm I'm running cups-filters 1.0.61-3 without erros:

[srs@localhost ~]$ pacman -Qs |grep cups
local/cups 2.0.1-1
local/cups-filters 1.0.61-3
local/cups-pk-helper 0.2.5-1
local/libcups 2.0.1-1

But I'm sorry. The high cpu problem was not solved, but you can hardly notice it because, when you ask for finding printer, it comes immediately. One cpu is loaded up to 100% shared between System and User for 3 our 4 minutes. Using 1.0.61-4, my printer was never found and the cpu load goes up to 100% for more than 10 minutes.

Tks again, and if you feel I can be in any help, please, let me know. I can, for instance, build up a virtual machine for testing.

#46 2015-01-16 15:56:25

AndyRTR
Developer

Can somebody confirm if old cups-filters 1.0.61-3 solves all high load issues? Then this might be cause by miscompilation.

( I wonder how cups-filters can be involved when adding new printers - isn't the filters stuff only used when translating between the document and printer language? )

#47 2015-01-19 12:02:30

silviosa

I'm running cups-filters 1.0.62-1 now and having the same behavior as 1.0.61-3. That is:
- cups can find my printer, so it is fine.
- high cpu still occurs but for "only" 3-4 minutes on one of the cpus (i run a Core I5). This can't be noticed as the all system does not slow down.
I listed the files been accessed during the high cpu load, if it can be in any help. See bellow.

I thank you again for concerning about my post.

[srs@localhost ~]$ sudo lsof -p 364
lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfsd-fuse file system /run/user/1000/gvfs
      Output information may be incomplete.
COMMAND PID USER   FD      TYPE             DEVICE SIZE/OFF    NODE NAME
cupsd   364 root  cwd       DIR                8,3     4096       2 /
cupsd   364 root  rtd       DIR                8,3     4096       2 /
cupsd   364 root  txt       REG                8,3   403248  306879 /usr/bin/cupsd
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    51808  263782 /usr/lib/libnss_files-2.20.so
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    35216  271774 /usr/lib/libffi.so.6.0.4
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   488208  271290 /usr/lib/libgmp.so.10.2.0
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   191960  278982 /usr/lib/libhogweed.so.2.5
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   187144  278984 /usr/lib/libnettle.so.4.7
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    76272  278402 /usr/lib/libtasn1.so.6.3.2
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   417008  278412 /usr/lib/libp11-kit.so.0.1.0
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    14568  270701 /usr/lib/libkeyutils.so.1.5
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    52208  270792 /usr/lib/libkrb5support.so.0.1
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3  1185568  280022 /usr/lib/libgnutls.so.28.41.3
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    89024  263781 /usr/lib/libresolv-2.20.so
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    72264  272054 /usr/lib/libgpg-error.so.0.13.0
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   919960  272067 /usr/lib/libgcrypt.so.20.0.2
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    43264  272081 /usr/lib/liblz4.so.1.5.0
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   141744  271954 /usr/lib/liblzma.so.5.0.8
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    31760  263819 /usr/lib/librt-2.20.so
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    17320  271334 /usr/lib/libcap.so.2.24
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    18736  271191 /usr/lib/libattr.so.1.1.0
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    14672  263780 /usr/lib/libdl-2.20.so
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    39280  263824 /usr/lib/libcrypt-2.20.so
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3  1067456  263807 /usr/lib/libm-2.20.so
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    88592  266881 /usr/lib/libz.so.1.2.8
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    14632  267061 /usr/lib/libcom_err.so.2.1
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   199504  270790 /usr/lib/libk5crypto.so.3.1
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   937552  270768 /usr/lib/libkrb5.so.3.3
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3  1984416  263808 /usr/lib/libc-2.20.so
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   138248  263787 /usr/lib/libpthread-2.20.so
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   313696  270787 /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   508568  288693 /usr/lib/libcups.so.2
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    68656  288605 /usr/lib/libavahi-client.so.3.2.9
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    52392  288608 /usr/lib/libavahi-common.so.3.5.3
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   298856  271592 /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3.8.9
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    35384  271226 /usr/lib/libacl.so.1.1.0
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    15896  295229 /usr/lib/libpaper.so.1.1.2
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    55896  270840 /usr/lib/libpam.so.0.83.1
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3    23872  288696 /usr/lib/libcupsmime.so.1
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   164104  263784 /usr/lib/ld-2.20.so
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3  1607616  283841 /usr/lib/locale/locale-archive
cupsd   364 root  mem       REG                8,3   158464  272101 /usr/lib/libsystemd.so.0.5.1
cupsd   364 root    0r      CHR                1,3      0t0    1028 /dev/null
cupsd   364 root    1u     unix 0xffff8800d14bbb80      0t0   11122 type=STREAM
cupsd   364 root    2u     unix 0xffff8800d14bbb80      0t0   11122 type=STREAM
cupsd   364 root    3u     unix 0xffff8800d5175180      0t0   12791 /run/cups/cups.sock type=STREAM
cupsd   364 root    4r      CHR                1,9      0t0    1033 /dev/urandom
cupsd   364 root    5u  a_inode                0,9        0    6748 [eventpoll]
cupsd   364 root    6u      REG                8,3     2705  814085 /var/log/cups/access_log
cupsd   364 root    7u      REG                8,3        0  815935 /var/log/cups/error_log
cupsd   364 root    8u      REG                8,3        0  806465 /var/log/cups/page_log
cupsd   364 root    9r      REG                8,3       68 1044074 /etc/papersize
cupsd   364 root   10u     unix 0xffff8800d5d8fb80      0t0   13711 type=STREAM
cupsd   364 root   11u     IPv6              12972      0t0     TCP localhost.localdomain:ipp (LISTEN)
cupsd   364 root   12u     IPv4              12973      0t0     TCP localhost.localdomain:ipp (LISTEN)
cupsd   364 root   13r     FIFO                0,8      0t0   12974 pipe
cupsd   364 root   14w     FIFO                0,8      0t0   12974 pipe
cupsd   364 root   15u     IPv6              66623      0t0     TCP localhost.localdomain:ipp->localhost.localdomain:45774 (ESTABLISHED)
cupsd   364 root   19r     FIFO                0,8      0t0   23884 pipe
cupsd   364 root   20w     FIFO                0,8      0t0   23884 pipe
cupsd   364 root   21u     unix 0xffff88009598fb80      0t0   65918 /run/cups/cups.sock type=STREAM
cupsd   364 root   22w     FIFO                0,8      0t0   23885 pipe
cupsd   364 root   23w     FIFO                0,8      0t0   23886 pipe

Last edited by silviosa (2015-01-19 12:03:27)

#48 2015-01-20 01:36:54

mlayland

What solved this same issue for me was to remove the Foomatic drivers.

#49 2015-01-25 15:21:01

orlfman

i just want to add that i too have been facing this issue for awhile. on both my arch laptop and my arch desktop.

i've tried all the recommendations here but still get 100% cpu usage if it has to find my printer or if i have to administrate it.

i can't even print. it gets stuck with cannot locate printer. tried via usb and ethernet. the prior cups version worked. cups has worked with this printer for three years.

right now i have to boot into my hackintosh hard drive on my desktop to print stuff. this is incredibly annoying.

i tried looking in the aur for the previous 1.x version of cups but don't see it. if someone still has all the libs including 32bit cups 1.x, could you upload it to the aur?

Last edited by orlfman (2015-01-25 15:22:45)

#50 2015-01-25 22:35:11

SysGhost

EDIT: Deleted irrelevant jabbering...

I'm also affected by this bug, and I kept looking around for a solution.
CPU load is at 100%, when adding or modifying printers.

EDIT2:
The CPU load hits the roof when cupsd loads the backends, which only happens when one modifies or adds a printer.
Log:

D [25/Jan/2015:23:47:31 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/snmp (PID 8865)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:47:31 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/http (PID 8866)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:47:31 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/usb (PID 8867)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:47:31 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/dnssd (PID 8868)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:47:31 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/socket (PID 8869)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:47:31 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/https (PID 8870)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:47:31 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/ipp (PID 8871)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:47:31 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/smb (PID 8872)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:47:31 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/serial (PID 8873)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:47:31 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/parallel (PID 8874)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:47:31 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/ipps (PID 8875)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:47:31 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/lpd (PID 8876)

The part of the debug log is that involves the "modify printer" event from the web interface:

D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 1] POST /admin/ HTTP/1.1
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Active clients", busy="Not busy"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 1] Read: status=200
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 1] Authorized as root using Basic
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] argv[0] = "/usr/lib/cups/cgi-bin/admin.cgi"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[0] = "CUPS_CACHEDIR=/var/cache/cups"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[1] = "CUPS_DATADIR=/usr/share/cups"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[2] = "CUPS_DOCROOT=/usr/share/cups/doc"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[3] = "CUPS_FONTPATH=/usr/share/cups/fonts"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[4] = "CUPS_REQUESTROOT=/var/spool/cups"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[5] = "CUPS_SERVERBIN=/usr/lib/cups"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[6] = "CUPS_SERVERROOT=/etc/cups"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[7] = "CUPS_STATEDIR=/run/cups"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[8] = "HOME=/var/spool/cups/tmp"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[9] = "PATH=/usr/lib/cups/filter:/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[10] = "SERVER_ADMIN=root@Asus-G1s"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[11] = "SOFTWARE=CUPS/2.0.1"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[12] = "TMPDIR=/var/spool/cups/tmp"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[13] = "USER=root"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[14] = "CUPS_MAX_MESSAGE=2047"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[15] = "CUPS_SERVER=/run/cups/cups.sock"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[16] = "CUPS_ENCRYPTION=IfRequested"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[17] = "IPP_PORT=631"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[18] = "AUTH_TYPE=Basic"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[19] = "LANG=en_GB.UTF8"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[20] = "REDIRECT_STATUS=1"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[21] = "GATEWAY_INTERFACE=CGI/1.1"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[22] = "SERVER_NAME=localhost"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[23] = "SERVER_PORT=631"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[24] = "REMOTE_ADDR=[v1.::1]"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[25] = "REMOTE_HOST=localhost"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[26] = "SCRIPT_NAME=/admin/"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[27] = "SCRIPT_FILENAME=/usr/share/cups/doc/admin/"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[28] = "REMOTE_USER=root"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[29] = "SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.1"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[30] = "HTTP_COOKIE=org.cups.sid=04951f85c145f061780680dd6d36ab3e"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[31] = "HTTP_USER_AGENT=Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.27 Safari/537.36"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[32] = "HTTP_REFERER=http://localhost:631/printers/Brother_MFC-620CN"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[33] = "REQUEST_METHOD=POST"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[34] = "CONTENT_LENGTH=94"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[35] = "CONTENT_TYPE=application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] cupsdAddCert: Adding certificate for PID 15600
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] Started /usr/lib/cups/cgi-bin/admin.cgi (PID 15600)
I [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 1] Started "/usr/lib/cups/cgi-bin/admin.cgi" (pid=15600, file=16)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 1] Waiting for CGI data.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] admin.cgi started...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] Accepted from localhost (Domain)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] Waiting for request.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] http=0x7f1f52f49490
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetVariable: SECTION="admin"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetVariable: REFRESH_PAGE=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] org.cups.sid cookie is "04951f85c145f061780680dd6d36ab3e"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetVariable: org.cups.sid="04951f85c145f061780680dd6d36ab3e"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetVariable: printer_name="Brother_MFC-620CN"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetVariable: OP="modify-printer"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] op="modify-printer"...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] do_am_printer: DEVICE_URI="(null)"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] POST / HTTP/1.1
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Active clients", busy="Active clients"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] Read: status=200
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] No authentication data provided.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] Read: status=100
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] 2.0 Get-Printer-Attributes 1
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] Get-Printer-Attributes ipp://localhost/printers/Brother_MFC-620CN
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] Returning IPP successful-ok for Get-Printer-Attributes (ipp://localhost/printers/Brother_MFC-620CN) from localhost
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] Content-Length: 10078
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] cupsdSendHeader: code=200, type="application/ipp", auth_type=0
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] con->http=0x7fc279b35ef0
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] cupsdWriteClient error=0, used=0, state=HTTP_STATE_POST_SEND, data_encoding=HTTP_ENCODING_LENGTH, data_remaining=10078, response=0x7fc279aeb6b0(IPP_STATE_DATA), pipe_pid=0, file=-1
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] Writing IPP response, ipp_state=IPP_STATE_DATA, old wused=0, new wused=0
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] bytes=0, http_state=0, data_remaining=10078
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] Flushing write buffer.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] New state is HTTP_STATE_WAITING
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] Waiting for request.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Active clients", busy="Active clients"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetVariable: CURRENT_DEVICE_URI="dnssd://Brother%20MFC-620CN%20(BRN_63AEC8_P1)._pdl-datastream._tcp.local/"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetVariable: CURRENT_DEVICE_SCHEME="dnssd"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] Getting list of devices...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] POST / HTTP/1.1
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] Read: status=200
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] No authentication data provided.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] 2.0 CUPS-Get-Devices 2
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] CUPS-Get-Devices
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] cupsdIsAuthorized: username=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] Returning HTTP Unauthorized for CUPS-Get-Devices (no URI) from localhost
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] cupsdSendHeader: code=401, type="text/html", auth_type=0
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 5] WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="CUPS", trc="y"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 6] Accepted from localhost (Domain)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 6] Waiting for request.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 7] Accepted from localhost (Domain)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 7] Waiting for request.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 6] HTTP_STATE_WAITING Closing for error 32 (Broken pipe)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 6] Closing connection.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] Accepted from localhost (Domain)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] Waiting for request.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 7] HTTP_STATE_WAITING Closing for error 32 (Broken pipe)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 7] Closing connection.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] POST / HTTP/1.1
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] Read: status=200
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] Authorized as root using Local
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] 2.0 CUPS-Get-Devices 2
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] CUPS-Get-Devices
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] cupsdIsAuthorized: username="root"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] argv[0] = "/usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-deviced"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] argv[1] = "2"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] argv[2] = "0"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] argv[3] = "5"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] argv[4] = "2"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] argv[5] = "requested-attributes=all"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[0] = "CUPS_CACHEDIR=/var/cache/cups"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[1] = "CUPS_DATADIR=/usr/share/cups"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[2] = "CUPS_DOCROOT=/usr/share/cups/doc"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[3] = "CUPS_FONTPATH=/usr/share/cups/fonts"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[4] = "CUPS_REQUESTROOT=/var/spool/cups"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[5] = "CUPS_SERVERBIN=/usr/lib/cups"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[6] = "CUPS_SERVERROOT=/etc/cups"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[7] = "CUPS_STATEDIR=/run/cups"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[8] = "HOME=/var/spool/cups/tmp"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[9] = "PATH=/usr/lib/cups/filter:/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[10] = "SERVER_ADMIN=root@Asus-G1s"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[11] = "SOFTWARE=CUPS/2.0.1"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[12] = "TMPDIR=/var/spool/cups/tmp"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[13] = "USER=root"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[14] = "CUPS_MAX_MESSAGE=2047"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[15] = "CUPS_SERVER=/run/cups/cups.sock"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[16] = "CUPS_ENCRYPTION=IfRequested"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[17] = "IPP_PORT=631"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[18] = "AUTH_TYPE=Local"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[19] = "LANG=en_GB.UTF8"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[20] = "REDIRECT_STATUS=1"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[21] = "GATEWAY_INTERFACE=CGI/1.1"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[22] = "SERVER_NAME=localhost"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[23] = "SERVER_PORT=631"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[24] = "REMOTE_ADDR=localhost"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[25] = "REMOTE_HOST=localhost"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[26] = "SCRIPT_NAME=/"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[27] = "SCRIPT_FILENAME=/usr/share/cups/doc/"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[28] = "REMOTE_USER=root"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[29] = "SERVER_PROTOCOL=HTTP/1.1"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[30] = "HTTP_USER_AGENT=CUPS/2.0.1 (Linux 3.18.2-2-ARCH; x86_64) IPP/2.0"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[31] = "REQUEST_METHOD=POST"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[32] = "CONTENT_LENGTH=91"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] envp[33] = "CONTENT_TYPE=application/ipp"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] cupsdAddCert: Adding certificate for PID 15601
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] Started /usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-deviced (PID 15601)
I [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] Started "/usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-deviced" (pid=15601, file=18)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] Waiting for CGI data.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/snmp (PID 15602)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/http (PID 15603)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/usb (PID 15604)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/dnssd (PID 15605)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/socket (PID 15606)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/https (PID 15607)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/ipp (PID 15608)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/smb (PID 15609)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/serial (PID 15610)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/parallel (PID 15611)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/ipps (PID 15612)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Started backend /usr/lib/cups/backend/lpd (PID 15613)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] CGI data ready to be sent.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] Flushed attributes...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Found device "socket"...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] con->http=0x7fc279b39100
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] cupsdWriteClient error=0, used=0, state=HTTP_STATE_POST_SEND, data_encoding=HTTP_ENCODING_LENGTH, data_remaining=2147483647, response=(nil)(), pipe_pid=15601, file=18
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] Script header: Content-Type: application/ipp
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] Script header: 
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] Sending status 200 for CGI.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] cupsdSendHeader: code=200, type="(null)", auth_type=0
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] cupsdWriteClient error=0, used=0, state=HTTP_STATE_POST_SEND, data_encoding=HTTP_ENCODING_CHUNKED, data_remaining=0, response=(nil)(), pipe_pid=15601, file=18
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Found device "ipps"...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Found device "lpd"...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Found device "http"...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] PID 15603 (http) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [Client 8] cupsdWriteClient error=0, used=0, state=HTTP_STATE_POST_SEND, data_encoding=HTTP_ENCODING_CHUNKED, data_remaining=0, response=(nil)(), pipe_pid=15601, file=18
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_class[0]="network"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_id[0]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_info[0]="AppSocket/HP JetDirect"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_make_and_model[0]="Unknown"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_uri[0]="socket"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_location[0]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_class[1]="network"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_id[1]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_info[1]="Internet Printing Protocol (ipps)"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_make_and_model[1]="Unknown"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_uri[1]="ipps"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_location[1]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_class[2]="network"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_id[2]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_info[2]="LPD/LPR Host or Printer"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_make_and_model[2]="Unknown"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_uri[2]="lpd"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_location[2]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Found device "https"...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] PID 15612 (ipps) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] PID 15613 (lpd) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] PID 15611 (parallel) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_class[3]="network"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_id[3]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_info[3]="Internet Printing Protocol (http)"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_make_and_model[3]="Unknown"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_uri[3]="http"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_location[3]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] PID 15607 (https) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Found device "smb"...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_class[4]="network"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_id[4]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_info[4]="Internet Printing Protocol (https)"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_make_and_model[4]="Unknown"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_uri[4]="https"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_location[4]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] Found device "ipp"...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] PID 15609 (smb) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_class[5]="network"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_id[5]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_info[5]="Windows Printer via SAMBA"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_make_and_model[5]="Unknown"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_uri[5]="smb"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_location[5]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] Loading USB quirks from "/usr/share/cups/usb".
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] PID 15608 (ipp) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] PID 15606 (socket) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] PID 15610 (serial) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] Loaded 71 quirks.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] list_devices
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [CGI] libusb_get_device_list=11
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:45 +0100] [cups-deviced] PID 15604 (usb) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:46 +0100] [CGI] sent=0, count=0
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] Querying "Brother\032MFC-620CN\032\040BRN_63AEC8_P1\041._pdl-datastream._tcp.local"...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] Querying "Brother\032MFC-620CN\032\040BRN_63AEC8_P1\041._printer._tcp.local"...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] sent=0, count=2
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [cups-deviced] PID 15602 (snmp) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] sent=2, count=2
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 8] CGI data ready to be sent.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] Flushed attributes...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [cups-deviced] Found device "dnssd://Brother%20MFC-620CN%20(BRN_63AEC8_P1)._printer._tcp.local/"...
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [cups-deviced] PID 15605 (dnssd) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 8] con->http=0x7fc279b39100
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 8] cupsdWriteClient error=0, used=0, state=HTTP_STATE_POST_SEND, data_encoding=HTTP_ENCODING_CHUNKED, data_remaining=0, response=(nil)(), pipe_pid=15601, file=18
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 8] Waiting for CGI data.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_class[6]="network"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_id[6]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_info[6]="Internet Printing Protocol (ipp)"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_make_and_model[6]="Unknown"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_uri[6]="ipp"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_location[6]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_class[7]="network"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_id[7]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_info[7]="Brother MFC-620CN (BRN_63AEC8_P1)"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_make_and_model[7]="unknown"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_uri[7]="dnssd://Brother%20MFC-620CN%20(BRN_63AEC8_P1)._printer._tcp.local/"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetArray: device_location[7]=""
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 8] cupsdWriteClient error=0, used=0, state=HTTP_STATE_POST_SEND, data_encoding=HTTP_ENCODING_CHUNKED, data_remaining=0, response=(nil)(), pipe_pid=15601, file=18
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 8] CGI data ready to be sent.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 8] Sending 0-length chunk.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 8] Flushing write buffer.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 8] New state is HTTP_STATE_WAITING
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 8] Waiting for request.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Active clients", busy="Active clients"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] PID 15601 (/usr/lib/cups/daemon/cups-deviced) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] Got device list!
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetVariable: CUPS_GET_DEVICES_DONE="1"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetVariable: TITLE="Modify Printer"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetVariable: SERVER_NAME="localhost"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetVariable: REMOTE_USER="root"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] cgiSetVariable: CUPS_VERSION="CUPS v2.0.1"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] CGI data ready to be sent.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] con->http=0x7fc279b24220
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] cupsdWriteClient error=0, used=0, state=HTTP_STATE_POST_SEND, data_encoding=HTTP_ENCODING_LENGTH, data_remaining=2147483647, response=(nil)(), pipe_pid=15600, file=16
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] Waiting for CGI data.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] Script header: Content-Type: text/html;charset=utf-8
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] Script header: 
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] Sending status 200 for CGI.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] cupsdSendHeader: code=200, type="(null)", auth_type=0
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] cupsdWriteClient error=0, used=0, state=HTTP_STATE_POST_SEND, data_encoding=HTTP_ENCODING_CHUNKED, data_remaining=0, response=(nil)(), pipe_pid=15600, file=16
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] cupsdWriteClient error=0, used=0, state=HTTP_STATE_POST_SEND, data_encoding=HTTP_ENCODING_CHUNKED, data_remaining=0, response=(nil)(), pipe_pid=15600, file=16
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] Regular expression "[a-z]+://"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] matches[0].rm_so=0
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] matches[1].rm_so=-1
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] PID 15600 (/usr/lib/cups/cgi-bin/admin.cgi) exited with no errors.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 8] HTTP_STATE_WAITING Closing for error 32 (Broken pipe)
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 8] Closing connection.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] cupsdSetBusyState: newbusy="Active clients", busy="Active clients"
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] Sending 0-length chunk.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] Flushing write buffer.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] New state is HTTP_STATE_WAITING
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [Client 1] Waiting for request.
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] matches[0].rm_so=0
D [25/Jan/2015:23:55:47 +0100] [CGI] matches[1].rm_so=-1

Last edited by SysGhost (2015-01-25 23:10:30)

Board footer