You are not logged in.

#1 2004-02-15 22:38:47

"CPU#0 Tempature above threshold"

I am running Arch Linux with the ArchLinux supplied 2.6.2 kernel.  When I try to compile a new kernel, I get the message repeatedly on every terminal, and CPU usage shoots up to 100% (according to IceWM).
Here is what the kernel tells me:

CPU#0:  Tempature above threshold
CPU#0:  Running in modulated clock mode

I see those messages repediately (like 3 times a second), and every once and a while I get compiler messages on what is being compiled.  It seems to be compiling fine, but those messages are on every terminal, making it unable to do anything!  What's the problem!  I need help!

#2 2004-02-15 22:44:25

Re: "CPU#0 Tempature above threshold"

also:  I'm running a P4 (1.6 ghz i believe).  And when I compiled the kernel on a 2.4 kernel, none of this happened.  I bareley noticed a slowdown, when running Mozilla on KDE!!

#3 2004-02-15 22:45:35

punkrockguy318
Website

I rebooted, and the same things are happening!

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#4 2004-02-16 16:25:57

punkrockguy318
Website

I cleaned out the computer (it was pretty hot), and it still displayed the message, but it wasn't as bad.  Maybe they should cut down on those messages, and say when they start and stop, but not every blinking second!

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

Board footer