You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-14 22:34:59

bgc1954

Lost my grub bootsplash after upgrade

Hi all,
Loving Arch and have been using for a few weeks.  Just did a pacman -Syu today and now my nice custom Arch bootsplash is gone in grub.  When I started up after my upgrade the screen stayed blank and loaded Arch instead of giving my splash screen and list of distros, currently Arch, Rubix and Kubuntu along with Windoze (almost windoze free).  Commented out the splashimage line in menu.lst and now at least I get my selection but I kind of like my Arch Splash screen.  Any ideas?  I'm new to Arch but definitely not to Linux.  I like Rubix as well but like the idea of running a Canadian distro plus Arch has way more packages.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

#2 2006-03-15 01:17:09

bgc1954

Re: Lost my grub bootsplash after upgrade

Sorry, I must have brain-freeze.  I just reinstalled the grubsplash package I made in my abs directory and got it back but I guess this downgrades me back to an older version of grub?  I must be playing with too many linux distros.  Can't even remember building that package...duh!

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

#3 2006-03-15 01:30:01

_Gandalf_

For graphical grub you must install the custom grub package called grub-gfx -> http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?d … =1&ID=2416

#4 2006-03-15 14:39:21

bgc1954

Thanks for the quick reply.  I didn't have time to check back last night but will check out your suggestion after I get home from work today.  Thanks again.

Board footer