You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-15 15:06:16

fatil

Disable middle mouse button paste, but keep other functions

Hello everybody,
I am proud to own a Thinkpad USB-Keyboard with a TrackPoint, attachted to a UltraBase with a x201 on it. But this keyboard has a little problem. When I want to scroll with the middle button and the TrackPoint it first pastes the content of the Clipboard and for example in firefox another page is loaded if there was a link in the clipboard. This does not happen on the Keyboard of the laptop, but only on the USB-Keyboard. And because I don't use the paste-feature anyway I tried to remove it by remapping the mouse buttons in .Xmodmap like this:

"pointer = 1 2 3 4 ~"
to
"pointer = 1 0 3 4 ~",

but this only kept the scrolling function and disabled not only the pasting, but also the other functions like closing tabs.
I would like to ask you how it is possible to disable the middle mouse-button-paste-feature but to keep all the other middle-mouse-button related functions, like closing tab, open hyperlinks in new tabs and of course scrolling with the TrackPoint.
It would also be great if someone knows a solution for the misbehavior of the Thinkpad USB-Keyboard.

Thank you very much

Board footer