You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-15 21:30:41

wadawalnut

No resume after suspend

Hello,
I recently installed Arch to dual boot with Windows 8.1 on my laptop (Lenovo IdeaPad Y500) and I'm having trouble with suspend functionality. Initially I had trouble setting up my graphics drivers because I couldn't start up X with just nvidia installed, so I learned that my laptop uses Optimus and installed bumblebee. Everything is working well now besides the suspend, and I'm not sure bumblebee is working.
Firstly, I set up bumblebee by doing

systemctl enable bumblebeed

And since that didn't work, I tried

systemctl enable bumblebeed.service

When I try 'optirun glxgears -info' or 'optirun', I get a message saying "The Bumblebee daemon has not been started yet or the socket path /var/run/bumblebee.socket was incorrect. [ERROR]Could not connect to bumblebee daemon - is it running?"
I already tried looking online for a solution to this, but none seem to be working. Honestly, I'm not too sure I understand what bumblebee is and I don't think I'm really missing out on any functionality. Just thought I'd mention this in case it has to do with the suspend issue.

I read the wiki article about pm-utils and installed it, but pm-suspend doesn't solve my issue. When I run pm-suspend and press the power button to resume, I just get a blank screen with the power button lit up, and I have to remove the battery to turn off the computer. Again, I googled this before but couldn't find any solutions. I wasn't having this problem with the nouveau driver when it was installed.

When I check the /var/log/pm-suspend.log file, I see a bunch of lines that say "Running hook..." with some 'hook' following it, followed by 'success', until a point where I see:
"Running hook /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/99video suspend suspend:
kernel.acpi_video_flags = 0
Get video state buffer size failed
Allocated buffer at 0x11000 (base is 0x0)
ES: 0x1100 EBX: 0x0000
Save video state failed
Real mode call failed
Real mode call failed
Real mode call failed
Real mode call failed

/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/99video suspend suspend: success.
Wed Jan 14 12:59:35 UTC 2015: performing suspend
"
And that's the end of the file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks

Board footer