You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-16 16:30:00

rhfrommn

XFCE4 terminal setup [SOLVED]

Hello,

I've been working on getting my terminal window set up how I like it this morning.  The one thing I can't figure out is a scrollbar.  I would like a nice scrollbar like you get in firefox with arrow keys at the top and bottom and that will scroll smoothly as you hold the mouse button down. 

I have figured out how to make a primitive scroll bar show up using entries in my .Xresources file or by doing ctrl-middleclick on the window itself.  But you have to right click to make it go up, left click to make it go down, and it jumps exactly 3 lines per click - you can't hold the button to keep scrolling.

Does anybody know how to get the nice scroll bar I'm looking for?  Or is it just impossible with xterm to get that?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Ralph

#2 2006-03-16 21:29:17

elasticdog
Website

Re: XFCE4 terminal setup [SOLVED]

You might want to change XFCE4 to xterm in your post title, as it might by easy to confuse it with Xfce's specific application called "Terminal", which has scrollbars by default...

I don't use xterm though, so can't be much help on that front.

#3 2006-03-20 16:02:48

rhfrommn

Thanks for the tip.  That should do just fine, using a different program from xterm isn't a problem as long as it has the features I want, which it sounds like that one does.  I'll give it a try once I get my machine back up.  (Bad kernel patching boo-boo, oops.)

#4 2006-03-27 23:24:48

rhfrommn

Ok, I changed the terminal button on the taskbar to /opt/xfce4/bin/Terminal and it works exactly as I wanted.  Thanks much for the tip.

Board footer