You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-26 21:47:05

blainester

Cinnamon taskbar app icon not displaying properly for Sublime Text

Cinnamon is displaying Sublime Text's icon in the taskbar as a question mark. This is the only app it does it with and I'm having trouble finding out what's causing it to attempt to fix it. Different themes have no effect. Other programs installed from the AUR display just fine. The icon displays just fine in the main menu, but when I open it, the taskbar icon is just a '?'. Also I've tried this on Linux Mint 17.1 (also running Cinnamon 2.4) and the issue is not present there.

The closest I have come to figuring out what is causing the problem is through the looking glass. Under the Windows tab and the Application column, my other apps that are displaying fine have .desktop values, but Sublime Text is showing up as "<untracked>". However I can't right click, double click, or otherwise edit this value.

I have included two screenshots, the first shows that Sublime Text shows up fine in the main menu but not in the taskbar and the second shows Looking Glass.

XY0Yjib.png

ubutUna.png

#2 2014-11-26 23:52:37

clfarron4
Website

Re: Cinnamon taskbar app icon not displaying properly for Sublime Text

Well, I can confirm that it's not just you. I just installed it to see if it was the case on a 4-day old installation, but I have nothing to suggest on how to fix it right now

What version of Sublime is being used in LM?

Claire is fine.
Problems? I have dysgraphia, so clear and concise please.
My public GPG key for package signing
My x86_64 package repository

#3 2014-11-27 07:45:25

MSC

I have Sublime on the MATE environment and get the same issue (shows a generic icon instead of the app icon). I noticed this in the AUR's package comments:

Comment by kula85
2014-10-28 23:42
This is what works for me.

1. build libpng 1.6.2 from source
2. move the actual .so file libpng16.so.16.2.0 as libpng16.so.16 into /opt/sublime-text/lib
3. prepend "LD_PRELOAD=/opt/sublime-text/lib/libpng16.so.16" before "${BIN} ${ARGS} "$@"" and "${BIN} ${ARGS} "$@" &" in /usr/bin/subl

pacman -Qi libpng says 1.6.15-1 on my system so I'm guessing it's an API issue. My google search didn't turn up any sources for libpng1.6.2, though, so I'm not sure where you should go to find it.

#4 2014-11-27 20:48:28

blainester

I found libpng 1.6.2 here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/libpng/ … ses/1.6.2/

I compiled it and followed the instructions and it didn't help. Also the version on Linux Mint is build 3065 (I couldn't find an actual version number).

#5 2015-01-27 23:33:39

knight_corvi

I think I got the solution,
On the Desktop Entry tag of the .desktop file add the following

StartupWMClass=subl3 

By running, as in one of the references,

$ xprop WM_CLASS

and then clicking on the Sublime Text application the following will show

WM_CLASS(STRING) = "subl3", "Subl3"

In my case it was subl3 so, replace with one of the results from command.

Here is the reference:

Hope this helps wink

Board footer