You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-09 10:15:28

zenolijo

Pulseaudio constantly trying to change latency, sound distorted

I'm not really a newbie but have used arch for a couple of years now, but this is a pretty simple question so i'm posting it here.

Since skype lost support for alsa, i have started using pulseaudio and it is a mess.
When i initially start pulseaudio, it works most of the time, but not always. After a short amount of time (can be everything between 1sec and 1hr) the sound get really distorted, as if the sink restarts really fast.
After checking the verbose log with pulseaudio -v, i can see that it constantly changes latency and spams the console with this http://pastebin.com/QDmamQc8.

It also looks wierd at startup, constantly tries to change the latency
http://pastebin.com/AZDuWKxi

At the top of this log you can see that it is unable to start the realtime too (I: [pulseaudio] main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) failed: Operation not permitted), why is this? As far as i know it's a big no-no to start pulseaudio as root, and my user is in the audio group in /etc/group.

Btw, i have disabled sound from my graphics card, so just ignore everything related to that.

Also, i messed around with qpaeq a while ago. but even after i removed module-equalizer-sink from /etc/pulse/default.pa it still loads when i start pulse. How do i disable this? Fixed

All help is appreciated smile

Last edited by zenolijo (2015-01-09 14:58:50)

#2 2015-01-09 22:16:47

zenolijo

Re: Pulseaudio constantly trying to change latency, sound distorted

Bump

#3 2015-01-28 18:40:54

zenolijo

Re: Pulseaudio constantly trying to change latency, sound distorted

Bump

Still got the same issue.
It comes and goes and i have no idea why.

Currently sound works fine with VLC but in chromium i still got the same issue so it doesn't seem like a driver issue.

Board footer