You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-02 00:42:55

thiagowfx

[SOLVED] submarine: only builds after running makepkg 2 times in a row

I just adopted and updated this package that wasn't updated in years: submarine.

Now, it works, but with a caveat...as the title says, I have to execute makepkg two times: the first one fails.

To be more precise, what I need to do is to execute make two times in a row; however, as the first make fails, makepkg exits with an error status.

Now, the question is: is there any way to force makepkg not to exit after the first make? Or, even better: do you suggest anything to improve this messy situation?

PS. currently the PKGBUILD only has one make in the build function, because putting two 'make's in there is useless (as makepkg exits after the first one).

PS2. There is a -git version of submarine too (here), but it has the same problems.

Last edited by thiagowfx (2015-02-02 12:48:17)

#2 2015-02-02 03:44:15

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] submarine: only builds after running makepkg 2 times in a row

you can make makepkg ignore the failure by doing something like `make || return 0`

Really, though, you should figure out why the first make fails but the second one succeeds.

#3 2015-02-02 11:10:39

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

The code appears to have problems with multiple jobs, if you use make -j1 it builds correctly.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#4 2015-02-02 12:45:42

thiagowfx

The upstream code is not much maintained nowadays, in fact there are several warning messages about deprecated functions used in Vala, but it works fine and it is still an useful software.

Both suggested solutions work, but I'll go with make -j1 because it looks more cleaner to me. Thanks for your responses.

Board footer