You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-31 21:31:51

V31GN

Awesome WM not updating tasklist & tag icon upon tag change

Hey guys, I need help!  I have spent two days searching though the web, and can not find a reference to my issue.
Issue: When doing a tag change in awesome WM to a tag that has clients, my tag icon (previous tag stays highlighted), and tasklist do not update until either client focus change or I toggle a client change (example ontop, tile change, etc.).  If the tag is empty, the tag icon and task list update upon the tag change(to empty tasklist, and tag highlighted).  If I click off of the archlinux/awesome VM onto the host computer it will update.

awesome v3.5.6
To troubleshoot, I have re installed awesome, created a new user with default config, rebooted with auto login / startx with the new user.  The new account defaults to /etc/xdg/awesome/rc.lua

help please!

-JP

#2 2015-02-03 17:04:49

V31GN

Re: Awesome WM not updating tasklist & tag icon upon tag change

Still stumped and need help please - sorry should have put this in the application and desktop environment forum.  I think the tasklist and tag icon are updating, but it appears that the previous version of each are ontop of the refreshed tags and tasklist (I can see the very bottom of the tasklist).

#3 2015-02-03 19:00:48

nomorewindows

You need to copy the files from /etc/xdg/awesome/rc.lua (the original, default), to ~/.config/awesome/rc.lua as well as the default theme.  You make your changes to your files in your home directory and leave the original alone.  There is a way to copy and paste into your rc.lua a way to rename your tags on demand.

I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.

#4 2015-02-04 19:16:25

V31GN

This issue is releated to an xorg bug.  Solution is the start awesome WM with the --no-argb option:  exec awesome --no-argb
Reference:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=185020
https://awesome.naquadah.org/bugs/index … sk_id=1291

Board footer