You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-06 14:32:56

outforawhile

[SOLVED] cnijfilter - canon printer driver

Hello everyone, newbie here

I'm using my canon pixma ix6550 printer with gutenprint driver, but I'm not very satisfied : poor control over printer status (ink refill etc...) and output quality not comparable to what I get under windows with the officiel canon driver. On the Canon website, I've found a linux version of the driver, including deb and rpm and a source tarball (available here in french http://www.canon.fr/Support/Consumer_Pr … X6550.aspx ). I have not found anything in AUR for my printer.

I downloaded the source and expected to go ./configure && make && make install as usual, but there is no configure script available and the readme file only gives info to build rpm. There is a makefile available but it returns a long list of errors if i go make directly. The makefile list many subfolders who each host an autogen.sh and a install text file (along with configure.in and makefile.am). I tried to manually follow the install instruction for each subfolder (generally ./autogen.sh --options) before firing make in the root folder, but with no more success.

Is it possible to build this driver for arch, and maybe a PKGBUILD ? Any starting point would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by outforawhile (2015-02-06 16:14:23)

rise above

#2 2015-02-06 14:56:06

progandy

Re: [SOLVED] cnijfilter - canon printer driver

I suggest you start with cnijfilter-mx880 from the AUR and replace the values mx880 and 383 with ix6500 and 384

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#3 2015-02-06 16:14:04

outforawhile

Yeah
Magic yaourt strikes again !
Your solution worked flawlessly and I almost understood what I did.
Thanks !

rise above

#4 2015-02-06 16:44:09

progandy

outforawhile wrote:

Yeah
Magic yaourt strikes again !
Your solution worked flawlessly and I almost understood what I did.
Thanks !

Only almost? canon uses the same driver sources for both printers, so most of the installation is the same. You only have to set the right printer model.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

Board footer