You are not logged in.

#1 2004-02-17 09:50:56

Kitgo

After pacman -Syu and Kernel ... [REMOVE]

after the installation of nova i had to manually configurate the modules.conf with "alias eth0 ne2k-pci" and everything worked fine now.

i wanted a system upgrade after upgrading pacman.
it also installed the new kernel 2.4.24 (previous was 2.4.21).
after reboot my network interface wouldn't start. i looked in modules.conf and my entry was gone. okay, i wrote again the line "alias eth0 ne2k-pci" into the file. another reboot and it still don't worked and...the just added line in modules.conf was gone again!

then i tried to start the module manually with "modprobe ne2k-pci" and then the following error message came "bash : could not find /lib/modules/2.4.21" of course because i don't have it anymore...

I don't know what to do!  :cry:

Thanks

#2 2004-02-17 11:24:31

robot5x

Re: After pacman -Syu and Kernel ... [REMOVE]

First of all - Pacman can and does overwrite various files. You can tell it not to, in /etc/pacman.conf by adding the files you want to stay untouched (/etc/passwd, etc/group, /etc/shadow, etc/fstab, etc.) under the NoUpgrade lines in GENERAL OPTIONS.
Second, it sounds as though you may not have run /sbin/lilo after upgrading your kernel. It's still looking for your 2.4.21 modules which you don't have!
hope this helps.

#3 2004-02-17 13:43:21

Kitgo

Re: After pacman -Syu and Kernel ... [REMOVE]

Thanks it worked....i forgot to copy the new kernel into the boot partition of my booting hd where i have another linux installed.

Board footer