You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-03 19:51:31

OlafLostViking

[SOLVED]missing mouse integration of an Arch guest in KVM/virt-manager

Hi!

I've setup a Kubuntu (vivid) and an Arch Linux VM with virt-manager with the exact same settings (virtio where possible, spice/qxl). Kubuntu simply worked out of the box, including transparent grabbing and "releasing" of the mouse.

In my Arch VM, however, I'm having troubles with the mouse input. For video I already installed xf86-video-qxl. But I don't manage the mouse to behave as if the VM is "another window" (grab the input automatically and release it, when the mouse leaves the border without having to press CTRL+ALT). I can get the wanted behaviour by adding an USB tablet. But this is not added to the Kubuntu VM and that VM still works. The xf86-input-vmmouse is installed on Arch but won't get used on Arch - contrary to Kubuntu, where it's loaded automatically.

What am I doing wrong? What informations do you need in addition?

If you have any other hints how to setup a good kvm/Arch guest installation, just feel free to dump it, too ;-). For now I only did the afore mentioned things to configure it for the virtualised setup.

Last edited by OlafLostViking (2015-02-09 16:28:42)

#2 2015-02-09 16:28:26

OlafLostViking

Re: [SOLVED]missing mouse integration of an Arch guest in KVM/virt-manager

Partly solved by installing and running spice-vdagent in the guest. (Works as soon as user is logged into GUI.)

Board footer