You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-10 06:36:49

ceribro

selecting suitable virtualbox disk

i am planning to install arch on a virtualbox on my desktop(running ubuntu) so that i can port it to my notebook (running nothing)....so i have two questions
:
is it possible to do what i am doing?if so than vb is asking me to select ahd type VDI,VMDK,VHD,HDD,QED etc.which should i choose?
will it be more practicle that i install a temp. os with vb on my notebook and install arch and then make the virtual arch the real on the same hardD.

#2 2015-02-10 06:43:42

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: selecting suitable virtualbox disk

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mo … al_machine

But it is much simpler to just install Arch on the notebook hard drive...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2015-02-10 06:49:52

ceribro

yes actually i was doing the same,installing on the notebook hard drive but messed up,and i have an internet issue, that i can only connect with usb dongle and i found it simpler to install it on vb(depending if the further process of porting were not too difficult)

#4 2015-02-10 08:11:06

TheSaint

If you expecting to port it into a hard disk, it's better you'll start from the partition directly, you'll save several steps.
Whether Internet access it's your most priority, you may find this of  some help.
Even using a derivative Live CD/ISO and perform step-by-step installation into prepared partition, may do.

do it good first, it will be faster than do it twice the saint wink

Board footer