You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-03 19:58:52

videyofu

HDMI desync issue with base installation

I have a laptop that I connect to my TV through HDMI.  I have the TV set as an extended monitor so I can watch movies on using Kodi.  On occasion there is an error where the TV won't display any output, there is either static or just a blank (black) screen.  It happens when I turn the TV off and turn it back on.  It can also happen when I switch inputs on the TV between another device connected to my tv (such as my cable box or PS3) and back to my laptop.  The odd thing is that this error does not always happen.  It seems to occur at random.  I can usually fix it by turning my TV off and then back on again, or by unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in again.  I tried the simple fixes such as using a different HDMI cable and port but the error still occurs so I doubt that the cable or HDMI port are the issue.  I also noticed that it only happens with Linux.  My laptop is dual boot so I tested my TV using Windows 7 and had no issues.

I should also note that this does error occurs even without xserver.  I did a base install of Arch linux (no xserver, no xf86-video-intl, no desktop environment) and the error occurs even on that.  Any ideas?

Board footer