You are not logged in.

#526 2014-11-19 16:04:38

jmartl109

Re: zathura - a document viewer

Logging in to the bug tracker seems not to be working -- when I enter my UN and PW, I get taken back to the same page, where I'm not logged in, and there's no error message. Also the "forgot password" feature did not email me (I tried this yesterday).

#527 2014-11-19 17:11:25

mlq
Website

jmartl109 wrote:

Logging in to the bug tracker seems not to be working -- when I enter my UN and PW, I get taken back to the same page, where I'm not logged in, and there's no error message. Also the "forgot password" feature did not email me (I tried this yesterday).

Please try again!

Cheers

#528 2014-11-19 19:02:28

jmartl109

mlq wrote:
jmartl109 wrote:

Please try again!

Cheers

Works now, thanks.

#529 2014-11-20 11:41:13

codairem

How can I bind "p" to previous page and "n" to next?  The default bindings, J and K, are driving me nuts.

The list at https://pwmt.org/projects/zathura/documentation/ doesn't seem to address this.  The nearest thing I could find is goto, but it doesn't see to take "next" as an argument.

[Update -  big thanks to mlq (next message) - it's all working now - the right command is navigate.]

Last edited by codairem (2014-11-20 18:51:16)

#530 2014-11-20 12:04:16

mlq
Website

codairem wrote:

How can I bind "p" to previous page and "n" to next?  The default bindings, J and K, are driving me nuts.

The list at https://pwmt.org/projects/zathura/documentation/ doesn't seem to address this.  The nearest thing I could find is goto, but it doesn't see to take "next" as an argument.

map n navigate next
map p navigate previous

Best regards

#531 2014-11-21 09:36:14

cutuchiqueno

Is it possible to also map a key to a zathura command? I would like to have <C-b> mapped to ":bmark " so that after pressing the key combination zathuras command line stays open and I just need to write bookmark text. I haven't identified a way to achieve this with the short_functions provided nor does it work if just add <C-b> :bmark to zathurarc.

thx.

#532 2014-11-21 09:43:50

mlq
Website

Hi,

cutuchiqueno wrote:

Is it possible to also map a key to a zathura command? I would like to have <C-b> mapped to ":bmark " so that after pressing the key combination zathuras command line stays open and I just need to write bookmark text. I haven't identified a way to achieve this with the short_functions provided nor does it work if just add <C-b> :bmark to zathurarc.

thx.

Sure,

map <C-b> feedkeys ":bmark "

All the best

#533 2014-11-23 06:52:44

emacsomancer

I don't seem to be able to set the browser.

I edited $HOME/.config/zathura/zathurarc to:

# zathurarc                                                                                                                                                                      
set browser conkeror %s                                                                                                                                                          

But when I "f" to follow link, it opens in Chrome anyway.   (I tried "set browser firefox %s" as well, with no success.)

#534 2014-12-06 15:24:36

sebastinas

emacsomancer wrote:

I don't seem to be able to set the browser.

I edited $HOME/.config/zathura/zathurarc to:

# zathurarc                                                                                                                                                                      
set browser conkeror %s                                                                                                                                                          

There is no such option. We use xdg-open to open URLs, so you need to tell xdg-open which browser you want to use (if I remember correctly, the Arch WIki has something on that).

#535 2014-12-15 02:22:52

SimSonic

The man page for zathurarc states that "null" can be used for the database backend, but zathura outputs error messages when this is used. For example, opening a PDF file with the following configuration file:

set database "null"

will output the following:

error: Unable to initialize database. Bookmarks won't be available.

** (zathura:1394): CRITICAL **: zathura_db_get_fileinfo: assertion 'ZATHURA_IS_DATABASE(db) && file != NULL && file_info != NULL' failed
warning: Failed to loads bookmarks.

** (zathura:1394): CRITICAL **: zathura_jumplist_load: assertion 'zathura != NULL && zathura->database != NULL && file != NULL' failed

** (zathura:1394): CRITICAL **: zathura_db_set_fileinfo: assertion 'ZATHURA_IS_DATABASE(db) && file != NULL && file_info != NULL' failed

** (zathura:1394): CRITICAL **: zathura_db_save_jumplist: assertion 'ZATHURA_IS_DATABASE(db) && file != NULL && jumplist != NULL' failed

This is more a visual annoyance than an actual functional bug, though, since the functionality works as expected (no bookmarks or input history are saved). I'm using the latest version from the repositories (0.3.2-1), if it's any help.

This is an amazing piece of software BTW. Thank you for the effort you put into it!

#536 2014-12-15 02:39:44

sebastinas

SimSonic wrote:
error: Unable to initialize database. Bookmarks won't be available.

This was actually use-after-free error. It's now fixed.

SimSonic wrote:
** (zathura:1394): CRITICAL **: zathura_db_get_fileinfo: assertion 'ZATHURA_IS_DATABASE(db) && file != NULL && file_info != NULL' failed
warning: Failed to loads bookmarks.

** (zathura:1394): CRITICAL **: zathura_jumplist_load: assertion 'zathura != NULL && zathura->database != NULL && file != NULL' failed

** (zathura:1394): CRITICAL **: zathura_db_set_fileinfo: assertion 'ZATHURA_IS_DATABASE(db) && file != NULL && file_info != NULL' failed

** (zathura:1394): CRITICAL **: zathura_db_save_jumplist: assertion 'ZATHURA_IS_DATABASE(db) && file != NULL && jumplist != NULL' failed

These should be fixed too.

#537 2015-01-26 22:08:09

shuu

I'm curious if there is a way to map a shortcut for jumping to the next bookmark in the list, and one for jumping to the previous bookmark?  Thanks a lot.  Zathura is just what I was looking for.

#538 2015-01-27 21:40:52

teateawhy
Website

I recently had the problem that most mathematical characters like "delta" were displayed as rectangles, making such documents impossible to understand.
After replacing the poppler backend with the mupdf backend the symbols are displayed correctly. Any ideas why this would happen?

#539 2015-01-27 21:42:05

mlq
Website

teateawhy wrote:

I recently had the problem that most mathematical characters like "delta" were displayed as rectangles, making such documents impossible to understand.
After replacing the poppler backend with the mupdf backend the symbols are displayed correctly. Any ideas why this would happen?

Sounds like a poppler issue to me probably caused by missing fonts. Do you see any output on the console?

Best regards

#540 2015-02-08 17:36:44

SmilePlz

Hi guys!
I сolemak keyboard. I can not find the commands next find and back find.
and also can not understand how to change the keyboard assignments in the table of contents.

my config wrote:

map u navigate previous
map d navigate next

map e scroll up
map n scroll down
map E scroll full-up
map N scroll full-down

map H scroll full-left
map h scroll left
map Y scroll full-right
map y scroll right

it would be good if only there was an analogue of vim. just swap the keys

set langmap = nj, jn, NJ, JN, ek, ke, EK, KE, yl, ly, YL, LY

I read the topic. But have not found an answer.
sorry for the English. use a translator

Last edited by SmilePlz (2015-02-08 17:48:13)

#541 2015-02-08 18:54:01

angelic_sedition
Website

SmilePlz wrote:

Hi guys!
I сolemak keyboard. I can not find the commands next find and back find.
and also can not understand how to change the keyboard assignments in the table of contents.

Do you mean searching?

map [normal] k search forward
map [normal] K search backward

My config is for colemak. I believe you want "map [index]" for the index:

map [index] n navigate_index down

Last edited by angelic_sedition (2015-02-08 19:01:50)

#542 2015-02-09 03:43:26

SmilePlz

thank you so much.

#543 2015-03-26 17:39:14

felipeduque

Hi there. Love zathura, but right now I need to see a double-page spread document, and I can't figure out how to do that. Any chance it's implemented and I don't know about it? I saw someone made this request a while ago just before the thread moved here.

Cheers for the great app

#544 2015-03-26 17:52:01

mlq
Website

Hello,

felipeduque wrote:

Hi there. Love zathura, but right now I need to see a double-page spread document, and I can't figure out how to do that. Any chance it's implemented and I don't know about it? I saw someone made this request a while ago just before the thread moved here.

Cheers for the great app

Just press 'd' and you can change the offset by setting the 'first-page-column'.

Best regards

#545 2015-03-26 19:59:32

felipeduque

Thanks a lot.

#546 2015-04-17 20:39:32

toucan

Hello. I am a big fan of zathura, and I've been using it for a couple years now.

Recently, very wide black borders began appearing on all four sides (top, bottom, left, right) of documents. The borders are not page gaps, and show up regardless of zoom level. They collapse when you scroll "against them" (ie if you scroll up to the top of the document using 'k', the top border will disappear).

Is this a bug? If not, is there any way to get rid of these borders? They consume a lot of screen space.

Thanks.

#547 2015-04-17 20:45:17

mlq
Website

Hello,

toucan wrote:

Recently, very wide black borders began appearing on all four sides (top, bottom, left, right) of documents. The borders are not page gaps, and show up regardless of zoom level. [...] Is this a bug? If not, is there any way to get rid of these borders? They consume a lot of screen space. .

Yes, this was caused by the latest gtk update and we've already released a new version (0.3.3) that fixes this behaviour. The archlinux package has already been flagged out-of-date so I guess it won't be that long that it gets updated.

All the best

#548 2015-04-17 22:22:40

toucan

Awesome! Thank you.

#549 2015-04-21 09:38:16

preschema

Is there a way to have only the filename show in the title bar, not the whole file path?  If I have ten pdf's open, I just see ten "/ho..."'s in the task bar.  This means I have to go through and hover over all of them in order to see which is the one I want.

#550 2015-04-21 09:55:56

sebastinas

preschema wrote:

Is there a way to have only the filename show in the title bar, not the whole file path?  If I have ten pdf's open, I just see ten "/ho..."'s in the task bar.  This means I have to go through and hover over all of them in order to see which is the one I want.

Look for window-title-basename in zathurarc(5).

Board footer