You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-31 22:07:39

rabcor
Banned

Keyboard not working in Google Web Designer

I just installed google web designer from AUR. ( https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/google-webdesigner/ )

And I have the weirdest problem, the keyboard seems to stop working in the program somehow the keyboard does work after launch, but it seems to stop working after I use the mouse or something similar.

As an example, after launch I can press Ctrl+N for "new file" and then press tab until I get to the name field, and type all I want.

I can repeat this, press Ctrl+N and then click the name field, and the keyboard stops working. I can then close the window and press Ctrl+N again, but this time the window won't open (i.e. keyboard input is completely dead to the program). Below is all the terminal output I get when I launch the program, by the looks of it nothing seems suspicious in relation to this issue.

$ google-webdesigner 
[0331/215852:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(161)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See https://code.google.com/p/chromium/wiki/LinuxSUIDSandboxDevelopment for more information on developing with the sandbox on.
which: no google-chrome in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl)
which: no firefox in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl)
which: no opera in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl)
[0331/215853:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(227)] Running without renderer sandbox

Does this happen to anybody else? Anyone got a clue what might be up?

My Desktop environment is a pretty basic LXDE setup, and my keyboard is Razer Blackwidow, Mouse is a basic 5 button logitech mouse, I've never had any problems whatsoever with it.I am running on the evdev input driver (latest version of libinput crashes xorg if this keyboard is present and I try to use it) I have confirmed however that this issue is not specific to my keyboard (I tried another generic keyboard, it gave the same results)

Last edited by rabcor (2015-03-31 22:24:46)

#2 2015-03-31 22:11:48

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Keyboard not working in Google Web Designer

Moving to AUR Issues...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2015-04-01 06:50:00

jvb

Hello, I am maintaner of the AUR package, I tried right now, and I dont have any described problems you have. And honestly I have no idea how to help you.

I have tested GWD under Xfce4.12 and Openbox, and no issues, like this.

You may try here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gwdbeta to get to the bottom of it, if no luck here.

Last edited by jvb (2015-04-01 06:50:26)

#4 2015-04-01 23:45:38

rabcor
Banned

Board footer