You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-31 10:13:22

Gradient

NetworkManager: no internet connection when using dhclient

By default, I get connected to my wireless network, but I don't have access to the internet. I can solve this in 2 ways :
1- I can add the line dhcp=internal in NetworkManager.conf.
2- I can type the command sudo dhclient wlan0. (I did add a kernel setting to have wlan0 as my wireless interface name.).

I am wondering why the default invocation of dhclient by NetworkManager is not working. Why do I have to call it again to make it work?

(Also, having dhcp=dhcpcd instead does not even connect to the network.)

#2 2015-03-31 13:43:01

runical

Re: NetworkManager: no internet connection when using dhclient

Maybe you can give some more information, like the logs? There is some information on the wiki. Did anything there help? Did you enable DHCPCD on the network interface (because you shouldn't)?

#3 2015-04-01 15:32:52

Humble_Panda

I no longer use NetworkManager, but when I used to (a year ago or so) I would have the same problem. I managed to fix it by uninstalling the "dhcpcd" package. I am sure you have already checked this, but, imo, it was worth mentioning here. Good luck.

#4 2015-04-02 02:51:35

Rayonant

Not so long ago several of us were experiencing a related issue and the one responsible for it was the dhcpcd service, try to disable it and see if that fixes your connection issues, although as  far as I know, is very similar to the adjustment in NetworkManager.conf

#5 2015-04-02 03:48:09

gonny95
Website

As for me my network-related services are only NetworkManager and wpa_supplicant.
It seems that using dhcpcd or dhclient is not necessary.

#6 2015-04-02 08:06:12

mr.MikyMaus

I have both dhclient and dhcpcd installed but my dhcpcd.service is disabled and it works for me. I don't know why the service is disabled nor I remember if I did it manually. Also try to disable the kernel line naming your wireless interface, it might be related (trial and error should reveal that). Perhaps check NM configuration if you have dhcp enabled and IP stack properly configured for the correct interface.

What happened to Arch's KISS? systemd sure is stupid but I must have missed the simple part ...

... and who is general Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Board footer