You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-02 14:16:55

all3fox

git-based version of a package was deleted

There is this openblas-lapack package in the AUR which was flagged out-of-date about a week ago. I saw that and made a PKGBUILD which compiles openblas-lapack from its git master branch. You can take a look at the PKGBUILD on github.

After that I created a package openblas-lapack-git and submitted a merge request with openblas-lapack. Today I got two messages in my mailbox: the first one saying that my merge was accepted and the second one saying that the package openblas-lapack-git was deleted.

I checked out the openblas-lapack PKGBUILD --- it got updated from using the OpenBLAS-v0.2-13.tar-gz to the 0.2-14 version. But the PKGBUILD is not using openblas-lapack git master branch. So, in a nutshell, the original PKGBUILD got updated and the *-git version of the package got deleted.

Personally, I was expecting that one of the two scenarios would happen:
1) the merge request gets accepted and the *-git version of the package takes over the one that uses *.tar.gz sources.
2) the merge request gets denied with some reason like "packages that depend on openblas-lapack might not expect it to be the latest version from git" but openblas-lapack-git stays in the AUR.

Please tell me what happens when somebody suggests a git-based version of a PKGBUILD.

#2 2015-04-02 15:16:37

Muflone
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

Re: git-based version of a package was deleted

Hi all3fox

As I replied in your email, you filed a request to merge openblas-lapack-git INTO openblas-lapack [1].
From your email and from this message I understand that that wasn't your intention but I simply found your request and after checking that you're the package maintainer I've accepted it, merging openblas-lapack-git into openblas-lapack package (which later deletes the first package).

If you were the package maintainer of both packages you should have filed an inverse request, to merge the openblas-lapack into openblas-lapack-git.
As you're not the openblas-lapack package I cannot accept any request from you to merge the openblas-lapack package into openblas-lapack-git package.

If you want to keep your openblas-lapack-git package please upload it again. If you need a copy of the original AUR package you can find it on the git [2]

Best regards

[1] https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/a … 05977.html
[2] http://pkgbuild.com/git/aur-mirror.git/ … lapack-git

Board footer