You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-02 09:45:37

vsyc6b3qjq

Wifi problem: Can't get TP-Link TL-WN881ND wifi card working

This is driving me crazy!

I recently upgraded my mobo/cpu, and as my new mobo doesn't have a PCI slot, I had to by a new wifi card that fits PCI-E: a TP-Link TL-WN881ND

lspci reports it as follows:

04:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Qualcomm Atheros AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) [168c:002e] (rev 01)
	Subsystem: Qualcomm Atheros Device [168c:30a4]
	Kernel driver in use: ath9k
	Kernel modules: ath9k

According to what I've read this chip should be fully supported. However, when I try to connect to a network it fails. I use netctl, so I edited the config file with the new interface name and tried to connect, but it just sits there for a while and then fails with the following error:

A dependency job for netctl@<my ssid>.service failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details.

There's nothing I can see in journalctl -xe. Looking in dmesg I just see:

IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): wlp4s0: link is not ready

I can scan for networks fine using both wifi-menu and iw, but it can't connect. When I try to connect using iw it gives the error:

wlp4s0: Failed to initialize driver interface 

I've tried setting the interface up/down and it doesn't help. I don't think there's a driver conflict (but it's a bit hard to tell as there seems to be a few different modules that work together).

Does anyone have any ideas on what this issue is or how to fix it? Let me know if you want me to paste in anything, I'm not sure what would be helpful.

Thanks!

#2 2015-04-04 08:09:54

kiryo

Re: Wifi problem: Can't get TP-Link TL-WN881ND wifi card working

I've tried setting the interface up/down and it doesn't help. I don't think there's a driver conflict (but it's a bit hard to tell as there seems to be a few different modules that work together).

So you tried to set it DOWN and then

netctl restart your-profile

?

Board footer