You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-03 22:57:55

solar

libressl testing and rebuilding.

Hi there. I adopted the libressl-git package, as it was orphaned. Feel free to take it though as I am highly transient in my consistency (see signature for anecdote).

However, I did an ugly testing hack for now in the PKGBUILD, read it before building, use it on a vm, nspawn machine and join in on the testing/rebuilding.

The first issues were sudo, pacman, curl, wget, I renamed the shared lib versions which makes these work somewhat.

when I did namcap on the libressl package, namcap errored out with an undefined reference in libcurl, I rebuilt libcurl and it has gone away.

The point is, this will be continuous until we have (re)built all the endless amounts of packages which depend on {_,_}ssl.

So I think perhaps if we keep a post here and add bugs, patches, and packages which we have rebuilt and "fixed" (at least seemingly so), it would help us all to be able to see how well/far libressl has come in becoming an alternate drop in replacement for openssl.

If we have collect our results and issues in one place, we should be able to get a better overview over the issues and patches which will be needed (and upstream coding which needs to be attended to on linux) and in time all will be hopefully swell ,)

Cheers:

rebuilt packages here:

curl, openssh.

Note, that the hacks in the PKGBUILD will at any time a lib version is bumped.. break. Use only libressl for now in testing environment.

You have been warned.

PS. since they are not included, libressl complains about no openssl.cnf .. should we include them perhaps from the openssl package?

Last edited by solar (2015-02-03 23:03:00)

I am hilariously insane. yup. you won't notice though.. I promise...I think.

#2 2015-02-03 23:01:50

solar

Re: libressl testing and rebuilding.

mariadb: seems ok so far... rebuilt: no, as-is.

#3 2015-04-05 14:06:26

solar

Re: libressl testing and rebuilding.

NOTE... since there was no interest, I discontinued building and maintaining it. The aur package will thus suffer. Read the pkgbuild before running it!

Board footer