You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-12 07:28:28

aaa234

Having trouble with nvidia driver

Is there anyone who is using intel driver for intel graphic, nvidia driver for nvidia graphic with bumblebee and gnome. If there is someone else, can u pls help me to set up my system because after configuring my nvidia card my boot hangs which does not hang before configurimg but I can access tty2.

#2 2015-04-12 10:08:43

runical

Re: Having trouble with nvidia driver

If you can access tty2, the boot does not hang. It boots, but there is something preventing either X or your DM from starting.
You need to give more information. Logs, hardware, your own attempts at troubleshooting, you name it.

In the meanwhile, try the wiki page on bumblebee. There are some useful troubleshooting hints there.

#3 2015-04-13 12:30:09

LeonardK

Re: Having trouble with nvidia driver

As a start I'ld recommend disabling the systemd service of your display manager (probably GDM) and instead starting gnome via .xinitrc (you won't use wayland then). If this works, try launching the Gnome Wayland session from tty. If this works you might try manually launching GDM and looking at the logs meanwhile.

EDIT:
intel and nVidia (Optimus) is a very tricky hardware. If you are not keen on battery usage I'ld just recommend only using the nVidia driver which at least for me was much more stable. There's a nice wikipage about that.

Last edited by LeonardK (2015-04-13 12:31:23)

It's 106 miles to Chicago we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, its dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Board footer