You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-26 13:28:11

napoleon

How do i record sound in Audacity

I have a Logitech quickcam pro which has a built microphone. the camera it self works grate but i cannot record sound in audacity. The device at the mo ment is dev/dsp.

Any help?

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

#2 2006-05-20 19:23:57

hollywoodb

Re: How do i record sound in Audacity

If you're using ALSA, which you probably are, fire up alsamixer in a terminal or at the console.

Unmute (M key) and turn up whichever input you're trying to use (Mic or Line).  Also unmute & turn up the Capture channel.  One of those could be turned down or muted.  Depending on the card you'll still hear yourself through your speakers, but applications won't pick up on it.

#3 2006-05-20 23:20:59

test1000

Re: How do i record sound in Audacity

you might want to try oss2jack if that doesn't work out too: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/All … nd_at_once

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

Board footer