You are not logged in.

#1 2004-02-17 09:33:18

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

What's the default browser?

phunni wrote:

2) evolution - would like galeon to be my default browser.  I'm not using gnome - only fluxbox, so I can't use a gnome config tool

I was searching for the same question. Instead of Fluxbox I am using XFce4. Default browser for Evolution, like to have Mozilla. Is there a solution?

What's the actual default browser?

Markku

#2 2004-02-18 16:58:29

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: What's the default browser?

phunni wrote:

.... so I can't use a gnome config tool

There doesn't seem to be an answer to my first question, so the next question is:
"what package contains the gnome config tool"?

Markku

#3 2004-02-18 17:08:08

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

control-center is the package.  I swear it used to be gnome-control-center, but I could be wrong.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#4 2004-02-18 17:47:21

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Xentac wrote:

control-center is the package.  I swear it used to be gnome-control-center, but I could be wrong.

Thanks. The package is "control-center" and the running command "gnome-control-center".

To add a browser e.g Mozilla:
Advanced --> File types and programs --> Internet Services --> Word wide web --> http
mozilla %s

Markku

#5 2004-02-18 19:37:20

skparkes

Just on a side note:

doesn't gconf seem scarily similar to the Windows Registry?

Scares me every time I open it up.

Later,

Isamoor

#6 2004-02-18 21:19:55

sarah31
Website

could we resist the urge for reviving ancient threads and tacking a question on? this forum is getting way too busy and it is really hard to go through old threads and try and turn my brain back to arch at that moment.

i don't think it is very kosher to tack questions onto questions. some of the really long threads have had several questions asked in them and it  really annoying for both searching and wanting to help. when i have given up on a threa i have given up on a thread and i have no interest in going back to answer questions unrealted to the original topic.

basically i was just hoping we could reconsider some of the forum ettiquette.

if a moderator reads this can you please split this post off under a new topic? i currently do not have time to copy and paste this.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

Board footer