You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-17 19:38:13

shellback

[SOLVED] can not change keyboard layout

Hi!

I have a little problem. I have a pretty freesh Arch installation, and during the install I configured the keyboard layout to my own (sv-latin1).

But as soon as I installed SDDM and Plasma 5/KDE5 and rebooted, the only keyboard layout I could choose was US and that is the keyboard layout that I use loged into plasma. If I change to TTY2 I get my choosen layout.

As suggested in the wiki for SDDM I used localectl set-x11-keymap sv-latin1 to generate /etc/X11/Xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf. Did not help...

I have ensured there is a /etc/vconsole.conf file containing: KEYMAP=sv-latin1

I have tried to change the keyboard layout in KDE while logged in, doesnt do anything, still US layout even though it says otherwise...

As suggested by a simillar thread, I edited /usr/share/sddm/scripts/Xsetup and wrote : setxkbmap "sv-latin1" Did still not help!

If I type localectl I get following:

System Locale: LANG=en_US.utf-8
       VC Keymap: sv-latin1
      X11 Layout: sv-latin1

(default language is set to US according to recomendations due to language in system reports and should not affect keyboard layout in DE or?)

still considering the output... US layout.

The reason for the problem probably begins on this side of the keyboard, but I cant figure out what I am missing. Can someone help me?

Last edited by shellback (2015-04-17 22:03:30)

#2 2015-04-17 21:57:58

shellback

Re: [SOLVED] can not change keyboard layout

well... I can't say that the problem is solved in a normal way, the DM still loggs me in with US layout and I still can't change that. But I have found a workaround wink

Found a command named setxkbmap that can change layout when executed (setxkbmap -layout se) so I have made a script with it and run it at startup. Maybe not the most prettiest solution, but it workes for now big_smile

I have read some more though and may have found at least part of a reason on why my previus atempts have failed, even if I with my limited knollege doesn't know how to fix it.

According to the wiki on SDDM the language is taken from /etc/X11/Xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf and it is there you need to ad your layout. And according to the wiki for AMD-catalyst, the xorg.conf files will override everything in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
I'm not sure, but it might or might not be related...

Board footer