You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-29 22:23:40

highway

[SOLVED] Skipping a package update

This is a known issue in the AUR, but I seem to be unable to ignore this upgrade when checking for updates (to update the rest of the system around it).

Can anyone help to point me in the right direction? I have not found anything on the wiki or google.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

╰─[06:08:35]>>> sudo pacman -Syu --ignore flexget
:: Synchronizing package databases...
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: flexget: requires python2-sqlalchemy<0.9.99

Last edited by highway (2015-04-30 01:16:39)

#2 2015-04-29 22:48:55

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Skipping a package update

What??  flexget is in the AUR.  Do you have pacman aliased to some aur helper?  If not, then passing "--ignore flexget" to pacman makes no sense as it just tells pacman not to update flexget, but pacman wouldn't update it anyways.

Remove/fix flexget.  If you want to ignore a package (and thus do a partial upgrade and likely break your system) you'd need to ignore python2-sqlalchemy not flexget.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2015-04-29 23:15:55

highway

Trilby wrote:

What??  flexget is in the AUR.  Do you have pacman aliased to some aur helper?  If not, then passing "--ignore flexget" to pacman makes no sense as it just tells pacman not to update flexget, but pacman wouldn't update it anyways.

Remove/fix flexget.  If you want to ignore a package (and thus do a partial upgrade and likely break your system) you'd need to ignore python2-sqlalchemy not flexget.

Yeah I don't understand the issue. The AUR owner is working on a fix, but I was worried about not catching other updates -- hence wanting to skip the flexget update until it was fixed in a few days.

Also, I have no idea why pacman is trying to upgrade that and not pacaur.

Last edited by highway (2015-04-29 23:16:47)

#4 2015-04-29 23:19:33

karol
Archivist

python2-sqlalchemy has recently been updated and you haven't rebuilt flexget. Why? https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/flexget/ is not the only package. Have you tried https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/flexget-git/ ?

highway wrote:

Also, I have no idea why pacman is trying to upgrade that and not pacaur.

What?
What do you mean by 'that'?

pacman is updating package from the repos. python2-sqlalchemy is in the repos, it should be updated, but the flexget package you have installed demands the old python2-sqlalchemy version.

Last edited by karol (2015-04-29 23:21:55)

#5 2015-04-29 23:19:35

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Pacman isn't trying to update it, that's my point.  Pacman can't and wont try to update an AUR package, which is why telling pacman to ignore an AUR package is futile.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#6 2015-04-29 23:20:31

Xabre

He's not trying to update it, he's saying that "flexget: requires python2-sqlalchemy<0.9.99" and python2-sqlalchemy is scheduled for an update. You're looking at the problem from the wrong end.

#7 2015-04-29 23:31:18

Xyne
Administrator/PM
Website

Simplified explanation:

1. flexget is in the AUR

2. python2-sqlalchemy is in the repos

3. python2-sqlalchemy on your system is less than version 0.9.99

4. flexget on your system requires python2-sqlalchemy less than version 0.9.99 (i.e. the one on your system)

5. pacman wants to update all of the repo packages on your system

6. repo python2-sqlalchemy is at version equal to or greater than 0.9.99

7. pacman can't upgrade to the repo version of python2-sqlalchemy because it would break the version of flexget on your system

Solutions:

• remove flexget and upgrade your system then re-install flexget when it works with the current version of python-sqlalchemy

• wait for a version of flexget that supports the current version of python-sqlalchemy and then upgrade your system

My Arch Linux StuffForum EtiquetteCommunity Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

#8 2015-04-29 23:42:18

highway

thanks everyone! i was clearly not understanding that sqlalchemy was in the repos and not the AUR. i will uninstall flexget for the time being.

Board footer