You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-02 02:28:52

santa89

Bumblebee with Intel/Nouveau

I've recently finished installing a fresh Arch install (coming from the Windows world) and have ran into one particular issue. I've exhausted myself trying to figure this out before posting on the forums.

My machine, which contains a integrated Intel graphics and a NVIDIA graphics card both of which I am using bumblebee alongside grub.

Running the command "optirun glxspheres64" displays the following error

[ERROR] Cannot access secondary GPU - error: [XORG] systemd-login: failed to get session: PID 404 does not belong to any known session

[ERROR] Aborting because fallback start is disabled

I've followed the Arch Bumblebee installation section. The following packages were installed; bumblebee, bbswitch, virtualgl, lib32-virtualgl, mesa-demos, virtalgl, lib32-nvidia-utils, lib32-mesa-libgl, xf86-video-nouveau and mesa.

In addition the Intel graphics were installed (based off the Bumblebee page) xf86-video-intel

I've added the user to the bumblebee group and enabled bumblebee.service at bootup.

Under the MODULES var I have

MODULES="i915 nouveau bbswitch"

In /etc/default/grub I added under GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT.:

rcutree.rcu_idle_gp_delay=1

In /etc/bumblebee/bubblebee.conf I I put

Bridge=virtualgl

In /etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nvidia I set BusID "PCI:01:00:0"

LSPCI:

00:02:0 VGA compatibile controller: Intel Corp 3rd Gen
01:00:0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation [Quadro K1000M]

Ran "mkinitcpio -p linux"

I am trying to run gnome on my new Arch installation. After downloading gnome I run the following "xinit /usr/bin/gnome-session" which freezes my system. Running startx displays "incorrectly" in where the terminals are showing, but no bottom task bar shows. So I feel that there is something not right that I need more assistance with!

Best regards

Last edited by santa89 (2015-05-02 02:42:28)

#2 2015-05-03 18:55:13

santa89

Re: Bumblebee with Intel/Nouveau

Did more additional research.

Under xorg.conf.nvidia it is said to comment out

Option "UseEDID" "false"
    Option "UseDisplayDevice" "none"

The above were already commented out and the problem still remains.

Last edited by santa89 (2015-05-03 18:55:38)

Board footer