You are not logged in.

#26 2015-05-11 14:50:18

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

Re: More modern archlinux website

progandy wrote:
Allan wrote:

As a reminder - no-one relevant will see anything only posted here.  You will need to post patches to the arch-projects mailing list

I know, but I wonder if I will ever get it into a clean format that integrates cleanly with the rest of the templates.

Try it, I'm sure someone will tell you where you're wrong tongue

Last edited by Alad (2015-05-11 14:50:30)

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

#27 2015-05-11 19:56:04

SirMyztiq

progandy wrote:
Allan wrote:

As a reminder - no-one relevant will see anything only posted here.  You will need to post patches to the arch-projects mailing list

I know, but I wonder if I will ever get it into a clean format that integrates cleanly with the rest of the templates.

You'll have to integrate it with the framework for sure. I cloned it a few weeks ago to take a look.

As soon as I can find some time I was planning on trying to add mobile enhancements. The way the site looks on the browser on a PC doesn't have to change at all. There are many "responsive" frameworks that take care of that. I've never worked on a django site before though so hopefully I can pick it up quick. I've mostly been doing java backend/spring stuff but the last year it's been NodeJS like blood in my veins.

Heck, I might even port it to NodeJs just for fun.

#28 2015-05-13 22:17:04

progandy

SirMyztiq wrote:
progandy wrote:
Allan wrote:

You'll have to integrate it with the framework for sure. I cloned it a few weeks ago to take a look.

Yes, but if I continue I want to do it right and not an awkward hackish modification.
I was thinking of redesigning the float with negative margin mess using a clean flexbox layout, most modern browsers should support that. Special exceptions only for IE8,9 if at all. Then, since the theme is paritally used in FluxBB, mediawiki and the AUR, I'll have to make sure everything keeps working there, too.

Last edited by progandy (2015-05-13 22:23:22)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

Board footer