You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-16 20:34:04

atrotet

[wiki] GDM

Since the release of gnome 3.16, things have changed regarding gnome-shell-theme now being a gresource file.

As discussed in this thread, it has now become a little more complicated to change GDM's login screen background. I was involved in helping how to solve this and I would like to edit the wiki to reflect the change in 3.16.
I have never edited the wiki previously so I went ahead and created an account. However the current structure of the wiki page makes it hard to simply add a new heading about changes in 3.16

I would like to change the current heading (login screen background image) to reflect how to do in in gdm versions <= 3.14 and also to make it a sub heading named "Adding a background image to gnome-shell-theme". Those steps will also be needed when using 3.16

I would then add another sub heading about information on how to extract/repack the gnome-shell-theme in 3.16

And finally, and the main reason of this thread, remove the heading about the outdated way. AFAIK this is obsolete since gnome 3.6. Not sure if this should be done at all or if I should make another sub heading and leave it in the wiki

Before I go ahead I would like approval from senior wiki people.

thank you

#2 2015-05-16 21:11:07

lahwaacz
Wiki Admin

Re: [wiki] GDM

For starters, the changes to wiki pages are best discussed on the associated talk page, where you can get feedback from the experts on the subject. For GDM, that is Talk:GDM. See Help:Discussion for details.

#3 2015-05-16 21:15:46

atrotet

Re: [wiki] GDM

thanks for the input. As I said this is my first time trying to submit a change on a wiki page.

Board footer