You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-19 03:53:07

core2idiot

LibInput two finger click and ALPs Touchpad configuration

Hi, I've been using arch and working on linux for a while (3-4 years, last year on Arch before on Ubuntu), but I'm at a complete loss on how to achieve the configuration I prefer.  I  use the following configuration:

Lenovo Thinkpad E555
ALPS PS/2 Touchpad
Gnome Shell
AMD A10-7300
AMD Radeon R5 240
99-libinput.conf:
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "libinput"
        Driver "libinput"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event13"
        Option "ClickMethod" "clickfinger"
EndSection

I recently switched to libinput from synaptics initially it worked pretty similarly to how I prefer.   I don't love clickpads, but I've began to come around on this laptop.  However I generally like the mac type configuration as compared to the Windows 8 configuration.  I like two fingers as right click and the entire pad being left click however libinput currently has it configured as the lower right as right click and the rest as left click.  I prefer libinput to synaptics since it has much smoother scrolling, and is generally more reliable on actions.

How can I change this settings?

Last edited by core2idiot (2015-05-19 03:54:19)

#2 2016-12-20 02:04:28

wamseln

Re: LibInput two finger click and ALPs Touchpad configuration

I would realy like to know this too. Is there any progress in this direction? New insides?

#3 2016-12-20 11:21:59

wamseln

This solves it:

See this ArchWiki page on libinput for a description how to change touchpad properties.

And see this libinput man page for a description of the different properties.

In my case I had to change libinput Click Method Enabled from 1,0 to 0, 1.

For this, all I needed was (see ArchWiki for details):

$ xinput --set-prop "ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad" "libinput Click Method Enabled" 0 1

Obviously one has to change the ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad part to ones own touchpad or replace this with the device id as shown by $ xinput list

Afterwards all is needed is to make this change permament.

#4 2016-12-20 22:17:23

core2idiot

After I posted this they added the functionality to change the clickmethod in GNOME Tweak Tool, as they decided for some reason it was inappropriate to have it in the touch pad settings.  GNOME doesn't read xorg.conf anymore, so the xorg.conf.d settings I had were useless.

Thanks, core2idiot

Board footer