You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-25 07:11:54

|Leavism

Cinnamon WiFi authentication loop

So I just did a fresh install of Arch Linux with Cinnamon DE. Then I tried connecting to WiFi (yes I installed gnome-keyring) with NetworkManager with:

sudo systemctl stop dhcpcd.service
sudo systemctl disable dhcpcd.service
sudo systemctl stop dhcpcd.service
sudo systemctl disable dhcpcd@ens33.service
sudo systemctl stop dhcpcd@ens33.service
sudo systemctl enable NetworkManager
sudo systemctl start NetworkManager

This then shows me all the WiFi network available in my proximity. When I try to connect to my WiFi, I'm prompted with the authentication password. I enter my password correctly and it attempts to connect. Then a few seconds later, it prompts for my password again. It does not say I entered my password wrong, just prompts the password again.

Anyone help?
Thank you

#2 2015-05-25 11:31:51

FNtastic

Re: Cinnamon WiFi authentication loop

I use Network Manager and cinnamon. I don't use gnome-keyring. I never get prompted for the WiFi password. Try without gnome-keyring and see if that helps...

EDIT: I also noticed that you stopped and removed the dhcpcd service for what looks like your ethernet connection (wired). And I don't see that you used the command to remove your WiFi card from the dhcpcd service. This may or may not be causing an issue, but I wanted to point it out.

Last edited by FNtastic (2015-05-25 11:35:29)

#3 2015-05-25 17:57:25

|Leavism

FNtastic wrote:

I use Network Manager and cinnamon. I don't use gnome-keyring. I never get prompted for the WiFi password. Try without gnome-keyring and see if that helps...

EDIT: I also noticed that you stopped and removed the dhcpcd service for what looks like your ethernet connection (wired). And I don't see that you used the command to remove your WiFi card from the dhcpcd service. This may or may not be causing an issue, but I wanted to point it out.

Wait if you don't ever get prompt for your WiFi password, how do you connect to a WiFi with a password? Does your WiFi not have a password for security?

#4 2015-05-30 01:28:22

FNtastic

|Leavism wrote:
FNtastic wrote:

Wait if you don't ever get prompt for your WiFi password, how do you connect to a WiFi with a password? Does your WiFi not have a password for security?

I still get the initial prompt. If you want, you can also right-click the network manager applet icon and "Edit connections" then select the network and change the password with "Edit"...

#5 2015-06-01 10:59:10

Chazza
Wiki Maintainer

Could the problem be a weak signal or perhaps interference? For the latter, you could try changing the WiFi channel and see if that helps.

Board footer