You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-07 10:08:28

Fred7109

Open program on a specific workspace, with specific size and location

Hi

Every time I boot up Arch I always run Spotify, Thunderbird, connect to OpenVPN, run Calendar etc.
But I have not could figure out how to use a bash script or a another programming language, to open these programs at the last workspace - where two of the program windows are 'Rolled up' and on a specfific location. And the others also just a specific size and location in the workspace.

I am using XFCE, please write if you need more information.

Regards
Frederik

#2 2015-06-07 10:49:08

jv2112

Re: Open program on a specific workspace, with specific size and location

The best program for that type of set up is the I3 window manager.

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome. Isaac Asimov - / -

#3 2015-06-07 11:05:24

progandy

jv2112 wrote:

The best program for that type of set up is the I3 window manager.

There are certainly other tiling window managers that support window matching rules. I just don't know which.

If you want to stay with XFCE, I suggest you look into devilspie
If you prefer LUA instead of the lisp-like syntax, try devilspie2

Last edited by progandy (2015-06-07 11:08:50)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#4 2015-06-07 11:24:40

Buddlespit

You can set up windows rules in KDE (kwin). Everything from size and position to arrangement and access. You can even set up focus and have compositing working or turned off for a certain window.
https://userbase.kde.org/KWin_Rules_Window_Attributes

#5 2015-06-07 12:29:26

runical

The consensus seems to be that you need to use a more configurable WM, and I agree (although I don't know anything about Progandy's suggestion, might be good). However, kwin or a tiling WM is probably overkill. Openbox also seems to be able to do application/window specific actions.

Another option you might want to look into is the option in XFCE4 to save your session. I think it keeps the windows as it was when you saved the session.

#6 2015-06-07 13:15:36

Fred7109

Thankyou for the help. I will try the different proposals and write in a hour or two.

#7 2015-06-07 15:49:09

Fred7109

Devilspie works perfect, THANKS!

But I have a question regarding application names in Arch, because when I shall move windows with Devilspie then it need a application name, window titlw or class. But the application I have running is a VPN client, which show the upload download rate as the application name and window title. It have not class.

So is it possible in Arch to rename application names, window titles or class'?

Last edited by Fred7109 (2015-06-07 15:49:47)

#8 2015-06-07 16:07:48

thiagowfx

Does running `xprop` and clicking on the VPN app show something unique to it? If yes, then you could try to use this property with devilspie.

Last edited by thiagowfx (2015-06-07 16:08:30)

#9 2015-06-07 17:21:53

Fred7109

I am sorry for my little-knowledge, but what unique name should I be looking for. When I click on the VPN app I get following:

_NET_WM_ICON_GEOMETRY(CARDINAL) = 69, 0, 200, 28
_NET_FRAME_EXTENTS(CARDINAL) = 2, 2, 29, 2
_NET_WM_ALLOWED_ACTIONS(ATOM) = _NET_WM_ACTION_CLOSE, _NET_WM_ACTION_ABOVE, _NET_WM_ACTION_BELOW, _NET_WM_ACTION_FULLSCREEN, _NET_WM_ACTION_MOVE, _NET_WM_ACTION_RESIZE, _NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_HORZ, _NET_WM_ACTION_MAXIMIZE_VERT, _NET_WM_ACTION_SHADE, _NET_WM_ACTION_MINIMIZE, _NET_WM_ACTION_CHANGE_DESKTOP, _NET_WM_ACTION_STICK
WM_STATE(WM_STATE):
		window state: Normal
		icon window: 0xa12f2500
_NET_WM_DESKTOP(CARDINAL) = 3
_NET_WM_ICON(CARDINAL) = 	Icon (128 x 128):
	                                                          ...'''''....                                                          
	                                                   ..',,,^^:::::::::::^,,`..                                                    
	                                                '`,:::"::::::::::"";;~~---~;:,`.                                                
	                                            .'^:";""::^^,,,,,,,,^^^:";-+<>iii<+~",'.                                            
	                                         .'^;~;;"::^,,`''......''`,,^:;-<!I/\\\?I!<~:'                                          
	                                       .,"~-~;":^,`''.        ..''`,,^"~<!/({}[][{)\I>-^.                                       
	                                     '^;__-~;"^,`'......''`,^::";;;~~-_<iI\)[cvnxnuvr}(?<"'                                     
	                                   '^~_++-~"^,`''.'',^"~_+>ilII?///\\\||()1}]vxzfttffznv[(!~'                                   
	                                 '^~+<<+-;^,`''`,"~_>!I?/\|())11{{{{}}}}[[]rcvnjfLJJCCLtfxc{?~`                                 
	                               .,;+>><+~:,,`,:;_>!I?/\|())1{{}}}[[[[[[]]]]]]rrvuxjLJJJJJJCLju}?-'                               
	                              '"_i!i>_;^,^:;_>!I?/\|())1{{}}}[[[[]]]rrrrrrrrrrrcvnztCJJJJJJJLfn}!:.                             
	                            .^-iIIli_"::"-<ilI?/\|())1{{}}}[[[[]]]]rrrrrrrrrrr]]rrvnjtCJUJJJJJCfu)<`                            
	                           '"<I//?!_"";+i!II?/\||()11{{}}}[[[]]]]]]]]][[[}}}}}}}}}}[rujLJUUUUUUJCfc/;                           
	                          ,_l\((|I+;-<illI??/\|())1{{{}}}[[[]]]]]][[}{{11111))))11{{}[cxfCJUUUUUUJCz}+'                         
	                        .">/1}{)?<+>!llII?/\||()11{{{}}}[[[[[[[[[}{{11))))(((|||||()1{[rnjLJUUUUUUUJtcI,                        
	                       .~l)]r]{\!!llIII??/\||()11{{{}}}[[[[[[[}}{111))((|||\\///?//\|)1}rujtCUYUUUUUJLn|:                       
	                      `_/}uuc[(???IIII?//\||()11{{{}}[[[[[[[}}{11))((||\\//??IIlllllI/|)}]uztCUYYYUUUUCj{-                      
	                     ,>)czzur1\\?IIII?//\||()11{{{}}[[[[[[}}{1)))((|\\/??IIll!!!iiiii!I/(1[uztLJYYYYUUUJt]+.                    
	                    ^!{uffxv})|/III???/\||()11{{{{}[}}}[}}{1)))(||\//?IIll!!!ii>><<<<<>!?|1[uztCJUYYYYUUULr<.                   
	                   :I[xtLjnr{(/?II???/\||())1{{{{}}}}}}}}11))((|\\/?IIll!!ii>>><<<+++++<iI\)[ujtCJUYYYYUUULc>.                  
	                  :?]zCCfnv[)\??????/\\|())11{{{}}}}}}}{11))(||\/??Ill!!ii>><<<<+++_____<iI\1]njLCJUXXYYYUUCc<                  
	                 ^/cfCJtzu]1|/?????//\|())11{{{}}}}}}}{1))((|\//?Ill!!ii>><<<<++++_______<iI|1rnfLJJUXXYYYYUCv+                 
	                `IctJUCjnc{(/?????//\||()11{{{}}}}}}}{1))(||\/?IIll!!i>><<<<<+++++++_____+<!?|{cxfCJUYXXYYYYUCr-                
	               `lctJUJtzv[)\/?????/\||())11{{}}}}}}}{1))(||\/?IIl!!ii>>>>>>>><<+++++++++++<il/)}vztCUUYXXYYYYUL{:               
	              'irtJUUCjn]1(\?????//\|(()11{{{}}}}}}{1))(||\/?Ill!!iiil?|)1{1)\I!><<<<<<<<<>i!?|1]uztJYYYXXYYYYUt),              
	              _]tJUUUtzc})|/?????/\||()111{{}}}}}}{1))(||\/?Il!!i!I|[vuc[)\??/\|/li>>>>iiiiilI\){rnjLUYYYXXYYYYUf\.             
	             ;}fJUUUJju]1(\?????//\|())11{{}}}}}}{1))(|\//?Il!!I|[nn]\<",`'.'`^~i?I!!!!!!!!ll?\(1[cxfCYYYYXXYYYYJx<             
	            ,|jJUUUULxc})|/????//\||())11{{}}}}}{1))(||//?Ill?1vxc|<:'          '">IllllIIIII?\(){]uztJYYYXZXXYYYJr:            
	           .!nJUUUYJju]{(\/????//\|())11{{}}}}}}1))(||\??Il?{nzrI;'               ,+lI?????///|()1}cnjLUXXYXZXXYYYL|'           
	           -rLUUYYYLxv[1|\/????/\\|()111{{}}}}}{1)((|\/?I?1xtr>^.                  '+I///\\\\||()1{]vxtJYXXYXZXXYYUz>           
	          ^1tUYYYYUfnr})\/????//\|(()11{{}}}}}{1))(|\/??(nLci,                      ,i/\||||(())11{[ruzLUXXXYZZXXYYJc"          
	          !xJUYYYYJju]1(\/????/\\|())11{{}}}}{1))(|\/?|rtz?:.                        ;I|())11{{{}}}[rvnfCYZXXXZZXXYYt\.         
	         "rCUYYYXYLzv[)|\/????/\||()11{{}}}}}{1)(|\/\}zt[-'                          `i|1{{}}}}}}}}[]cuztUXZXYZZXXXYUn~         
	        '\tUYYYXYUtxr})\/????//\|(()11{{}}}}{1))(|\)nJu!,                            ._|{}}}}}}}}}}[[rvnjCYZZXXZZXXXYC1'        
	        -uJYYYYXYJfu]{(\/????//\|())11{}}}}}{))(||[LJ|^                               ;?1}}}}}}}}}}}[]ruztUXZZXXZZXXYUj+        
	       '(LYYYYXYUJjv[1(\/????/\\|()11{}]cvcr}1)(1nJx>'                                ;I1}}}}}}}}}}}[[rcnfCYZZXXZZXXXYJ{`       
	       _nUYYYXXYUCzc})|\/???//\|(()1}vjLLznuvcrcfC}~.                                .;I{}}}}}}}}}}}}[]ruztJXZZXXZZXXXYz+       
	      '(LUYYXXYYUCxr{)|\/???//\|(){ctUf[?<+>l|{][i,                                  '_/{}}}}}}}}}}}}[[rvnjCYZZXXZZZXXYJ('      
	      ~uUYYXXXYYULn]{(|//???/\|()}jZj\;'     '``'                                    ,>|}}}}}}}}}}}}}}[]ruztJXZZXXOZZXXYx~      
	     ./tYYYYXXYYUtu[1(\//??/\\|({fZ[;.                                               "!)}}}}}}}}}}}}}}[[]vnjCYZZXXOZZXXYC\.     
	     :cJYUYYXYYYJfv[1(\////\\|()uY[^                                                .-/{}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}[]cuztUXZZXZOZZXXUv:     
	     >fYUUYYXYXYJjc}1(\\//\\|()[Jn"                                                 .+}uvr][}}}}}}}}}}}}[rvxfCYZZXXOOZXXYt>     
	    '{JYUUUXXYXYCzr}1(|\\\|(()1uCi.                                                  ,i1]vnnv]}}}}}}}}}}[]cuzLUXZXXZOZZXXJ{.    
	    ;xUYUUUXYXXULzr}1(||||())1{fc^                                                    .`^;<?1rr[}}}}{{{}}[rvxfJYXZXZOOZZXYx:    
	    iLYUUJYXXXXUtxr}1)(((()111[t|'                                                         '^_\{{{{{{{{{}[]cnjCUXXXXOOZZXXL>    
	   ')JYUUJYXXZXJfxr}1))))111{{]fl.                                                            ^l1{{{{{{{}}[ruztJYXXXZOZZZXU)'   
	   :uYYUJJYXXZYJfnr}{111111{{}rf>                                                              ^?){{{{{{{}[rvxfCYXXXZOOZZXYv,   
	   >tYUJCJYYZZYCjnr}{{{}[rcc][cz+                                                              '>({{{{{{{}}]cujLUYYXXOOZZZXj-   
	  ./JYUJCUYYZZYLjur[]uzffjzxnnzz+                                                              ._\{{{{{{{{}[ruztJYYYXZOOZZXCl   
	  `[UYJCLUYXZZYLzuvzCJx}/i<+i?(}_                                                              .-\{{{{111{{[]vxfCUYYXZOOZZXU)'  
	  :nYUJLLUYXZZUtzjYXx?"`.    .',`                     .''``''.                                  -\{}{{1111{}]cnjLUYYYZOOZZZYc,  
	  -jYUCtLUYXZXULUQJ/^.                            .,:~_<>i!i>+~"`.                              ~|}}{{1111{}[ruzLJUUYXOOOZZXz;  
	  ILYJtfLUYXZXY0an_'                           .,"-<!I/|()))))|\I<"`                            ^\rvr[{{111{[rvxtJUUYXO0OZZXt_  
	 .(JYCfzLUYZZZoac"                           '^~+!?|){[rvnzzzzxnc])I-,                           ;/[vuvr[}{{}]vxfCUUUYZ0OZZXCl  
	 '{UULjzLUYZOabr:                          .`;+l\1{}rxtCLzv[1(|(){}[{/_`                          ':_i\{rcc][]cnjCUUUYZ0OOZZU(. 
	 ,cYUtxxCUYZopu:                          ':_!|1}[cfUJu|>",''...'`,;+l/I~'                            ',;i|[cccnjLUYUYZ0OOZZY{. 
	 "xYJfnnCUYObX~                          `"+?){}rjYL}<^.             .,;+~'                               `;!{vnjLUYUUX00OZZY[' 
	 -jYCjvnCJYoh|.                         `;<\1{}vUYr<`                   .`.                                 ."?cjLUYUYX00OZZXc, 
	 +fYLzcnCJXhC"                         '">|{{}nZU?^                                                           `ictUYYYXO0OOZXx" 
	 >tYLxruLJZh}.                        '"<|1{}xOL<.                                                             .<nJYYYXO0OOZXj~ 
	 !LUtn[uLJO0!                        .:+|11{nOz-                                                                'lfUYYXO0OOZXf- 
	 lCUfu}uLJ0Y+                        ^_?111cZz-.                                                                 ,}LUYYO0OOZXf- 
	 ICUfv{uLJOJ_                       '~!)11[CC+.                                                                   >xJYYO0OOZXf_ 
	 ?CUjc{vLCOU+                       :<|11{jXI.                                                                    ^}LYXO0OOZXf_ 
	 ICUjc1ctCXXl                      '-?)11cU}`                                                                     .IzUXO0OOZXf- 
	 ICUjr)rtCYO{'                     :>|11{fj-                                                                       +vJXO0OOZXj- 
	 !LUjr)rfLUOj"                    .~I)11rC('                                                                       ~]LUZOOOZXj~ 
	 >LUjr(]fLUXX\.                   `+\11{xj_                                                                        ;}fJUUUXZXz" 
	 +tUzr([jLJXOt~                   :i(11}t[,                                                                        "{fJCfjLYYv, 
	 ~fCx[(}ztJYZX[:                 .;l)11[L?.                                                                        "1jCtnuztJ[' 
	 :nfv}|{xfCUXXC(,                .-?111rj+                                                                         "1ztjvcvxf1. 
	 `}xr{(1ujtJYXUjI`               '+/111cn;                                                                         ")xfzc]rvn\. 
	 '(v[1()vzfLUYULnl'              '<\111cv"                                                                         ~)njnr[[rri  
	 .I]}1()rxztCUJLfvI^             '+\111]v;                                                                        .+1xzu][[[{;  
	  +}}1)(]nxjLCJLfxr/;'           .-\111[u+                                      `";^                              ^![xzv][}}|^  
	  "){1)(}unzfLCLfzu](<,.          "/)1{}vl.                                   .^-!\?".                           '-\vxxc[}}{I'  
	  `/{11({unxjtLLfznv]{?_^'        'i({{{r)^                                  .^-l){{\"                          ."i[xxnr[}{)<   
	  .>111)1vnxzfLtfjxuvr})/i_"^`''`,:-?{}}]r+.                                .:-/{}}}}\:                        '">}xxxn][}{(~   
	   -(11))rnnzfttfjznucr]}1|/I!>>>>il(}}}[](:               .''.            ':_/{}[[[[}/".                     ';i{xzxxv[}{1/,   
	   ^\111)[nnxjtttfzxuvccr][}{))(()){[[[[[[[I,            .^~+<-:'        '^~</{[[[[[[[}\-`                  '^-!}zzzxxc[}{)!'   
	   'I)11)}unxzfttfjznuvcccrr]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]}l,          `"+I\((/>~^`''`^"-<l)}[[]]]]]][})!;`.            .':-i\rzjzxxnr[}{(_    
	   .+)1111vnnzjttfjzxnuvvcccrrrrrrrrr]]]]]]]}\_^'....`^;_i(}[[}{)\I!>>>il/)}[]]]]]rrr]]][{|I+;^,`''''',:;_>l|[njfjzxzu][{1\:    
	    "|1111rnnxjfttfjxnnuvvvcccccccccrrrrrrrrr[)/i<+_<>!I\{]]][[[}{1)(((){}[]]]rrrrrrrrrrr][{)|?I!!ii>ilI/|1]uxjjjzxxxc[}{)I'    
	    `?)111[uxxzfttfjzxnuuvvvvvcccccccccccccccr][{))()){[]rr]]][[[[[[}[[[[]]rrrcccccccccrrrrr][}}{{{{{{}[rvunxzjjjzxznr[}1(<     
	     >(1{{{vxxzjttffjzxnuuuvvvvvvvvvvvvvccccccccccrrrccrrrrr]]]][[[[[[[]]rrrccccccccccccccrccccccvvvvuuuunnxxzjjzxxzu][{1\"     
	     "\11{{rxxxjfttfjzxnnuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvcccccrrrrrr]]]]]]]]]]rrrcccvvvvvvvvvcccccccccvvvuuuunnnnxxzjjjzxzxc[}{)l'     
	     'l)1{{[uzxzfttffjzxnnnuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvcccccrrrrrrr]]]]rrrrrcccvvvuuuuvvvvvvccccccvvvuuunnnnnnxzzjjzzxzur[}1|+      
	      _|1{{}czxzjfttfjzzxnnnnuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrccvvvvuuuuuuuvvvvvvccvvvvuuunnnnnnxxzjjjzzzzv][{)?^      
	      ,I){{}]nzxzftttfjzxxnnnnnnuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrccccvvvuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvuuunnnnnxxxzzjjzzzjnr[}{(<.      
	       +({{}[vzzzjfttfjjzxxnnnnnnnnnnuuuuvvvvvvvvccccccccrrrrrrrrcccccvvvuuuunnnnuuuuuvvvvvvvvuuunnxxxxxxxzjjzzzzzv][}1/:       
	       :/1{}[rxjzzftttfjzzxxxxnnnnnnnnuuuvvvvvvvcccccccccccrccccccccvvvuuuunnnnnnnuuuuuvvvvvvuuunnxxxxxxzzzjjzzzjnr[}{(i'       
	       .<({}[]uzzzjftttfjzzxxxxxnnnnnnnuuvvvvvvcccccccccccccccccccvvvvuuunnnnnnnnnnuuuuuvvvvuuunnxxxxxxxzzjzzzzjzv][}1/;        
	        :/1}[[rxjzjftttffjzzxxxxxxxxnnnnuvvvvcccccccccccccccccccvvvvuuunnnnxxxnnnnnuuuuuuuuuuunnnxxxxzzzzzzzzzzjnr][{(i'        
	         +({}[rujjjjftttfjjzzxxxxxxxxxnnuuvvccccccccccccccccccvvvvuuuunnnxxxxxnxnnnnuuuuuuuuunnnxxxzzzzzzzzzzzjzv][}1/:         
	         ,?1}[]cxfjjfttttfjjzzxxxxxxxxxnnuvvcccccccccccccccvvvvuuuunnnnnxxxxxxxnnnnnuuuuuuuunnnxxzzzzzzzzzzzzjjur][{(>.         
	          _|{[]rujfjjftLttfjjzzzxxxxxxxxnnuvvcccccccccccvvvvvvuuunnnnxxxxxxxxxxxnnnnuuuuuuunnnxxzzzzzzzzzzzzjfxcr[}1I^          
	          `l)}]rcnffjfftLttfjjzzzzxxxxxxxnnuvvcccccccvvvvvvuuuunnnnxxxxxxxxxxxxxnnnnuuuuuunnnxxzzzzzjjzzzzjjfjur][{|-.          
	           "\{[rcvzffjfttLtffjjzzzzzzzzxxxnnuvvvvvvvvvvvuuuuunnnnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnnnnuuuunnnnxxzzzzjjjzzzzjjffncr]})!`           
	           .+(}]rcujtfffttLtffjjzzzzzzzzzzxxnuuuvvvvuuuuuunnnnnxxxxxxzzzxxxzxxxxnnnnnnnnnnxxxzzzjjjjzzzzjjffxvr][1?:            
	            `l1[]cvnftffftLLttfjjjzzzzzzzzzxxxnnuuuuuunnnnnxxxxxxzzzzzzzxxxzxxxxnnnnnnnnnxxxzzjjjjjjzzzjjftzucr[{|-             
	             :/{]rvuzttffttLLtffjjjjjzzzzzzzzxxxnnnnnnnxxxxxxxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxxxxxnnnnnnxxxzzzjjjjjjzzzjjftjnvc]})i'             
	              -(}]cvnztLtfttLtttffjjjjjjjjjjzzzzxxxxxxxxxzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxxxxxnnnnxxxxzzjjjjjjjjjjjjftfxucr[1I:              
	              .>)[rvunjLLtttttLttfffjjjjjjjjjjzzzzzzzzzzzzzzjjjjjjjjzzzzzzzzxxxxxxxxxxxzzzjjfffjjjjjjjfLtxuvc]{/"               
	               `!1]cvuxfLLtttLLLtttffffffjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjzzzzzzzxxxxxxxxxzzzjjffffjjjjjjftLtznucr}\_.               
	                ,I}]cunzfLCLtLLLLLtttffffffffffffjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjzzzzzzzxxxxxxzzzzjjfffffffjjjjftLtznuvr[(+'                
	                 "\}rvuxzfCCLLLLLLLLttttffffffffffffffffffffffffjjjjjjzzzzzzzzzzzzzzjjfffffffffffffLCLjxnuc[(>'                 
	                  ;|[cunxzfCJCLLLLLLLLttttttttttttttttttfffffffffffffjjjjjjzzzzzzjjjffffffffffffftLCLjxxuv])i'                  
	                   ;|[cuxzjfCJJCCCLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLttttttfffffffffffffjjjfffffffttttttttttftLCJLjzxnv])>`                   
	                    ;|]vnxzjtCUUJCCCLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCLLLLLtttttffffffffffffffffttLLLLLLLLttttttLCJJLfzxnv])>`                    
	                     ;|]vnzjjtCUUUJCCCCCCJJJJJJJJJJJCCCCLLLLtttttffffffftttttLLCCCCCCCCCLLLLLLJUJLfjzxv])i`                     
	                      :/]uxzjftLUYYUJJJUJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJCCCCLLLLLttttttLLLLLCCCJJJJJJJJJJJCCCJUUJtfjzxu])i'                      
	                       ,I[vxzjftLJYXXYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUJJJJJCCCCCCCCCCCJJJJUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYUCtffjxu[|+'                       
	                        `!}vxjfttLJYOOZXXYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYXZZXUCLtfjxv[\;.                        
	                         '_1vxjftLLJZ000OZXXXYYYYYYYYXXXXXYYYYYYYYYYYYXXXXXXXXXXXXXYXXXZOOZYCLtfjnc}I:                          
	                           ;|rxjfLLJYO0QQQ0OZZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZXXXXXXXXZO000OZXUCtfznc1i`                           
	                            `!}njfLCUZO0QQooQ0OOZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZOO0QoQ0OZXYJLfzu]\~.                            
	                             ."\cxfLUXZ0000QoaooQ000OOOOOOOO0000000000OO0OO000QQooooQ0OZZXULfxv{i`                              
	                               '>{ujLUXO00000QoaaaaaoQQQQ0000000000000QQQQooaaaaooQ0OZZZXUCjn]?;.                               
	                                 ^l[xtUX00000000QoahhhhhaaaoooQooooooaahhhhhaaoQ0OOOZZZXULzv)+'                                 
	                                   :I]zCYO000000000QooaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaoQQ00OOOOOZXYJfu{>,                                   
	                                    .:l]jJXO00000000000QQQoooooooooooooQQQ0000OOOOZZYJtx{>,                                     
	                                      ."I]jCXZO0000000000000000000000000000000OOZZYJtn}!^                                       
	                                        .:!1xLUZOOOOO0000000000000000000000OOOZXYCjc|<^                                         
	                                           '-/}xCYXZZZOOOO00000000000OOOOZZXXYJtv(+:'                                           
	                                             ..^i1rzCUYXXXZZZZZZZZZZZXXYYUJLz]I-^.                                              
	                                                 '`;>|cnzzjttLLLLLLtfjxxu[?+~`.                                                 
	                                                     '^;;:"~--___---~":""^.                                                     

WM_NAME(STRING) = "AirVPN - Down: 66 KB/s Up: 2 KB/s - Rastaban (Sweden)"
_NET_WM_NAME(UTF8_STRING) = "AirVPN - Down: 66 KB/s Up: 2 KB/s - Rastaban (Sweden)"
XdndAware(ATOM) = ATOM
WM_HINTS(WM_HINTS):
		Client accepts input or input focus: True
		Initial state is Normal State.
		window id # of group leader: 0x38b
WM_PROTOCOLS(ATOM): protocols  WM_DELETE_WINDOW
_NET_WM_STATE(ATOM) = 
_MOTIF_WM_HINTS(_MOTIF_WM_HINTS) = 0x3, 0x3e, 0x7e, 0x0, 0x0
_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE(ATOM) = _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_NORMAL
WM_NORMAL_HINTS(WM_SIZE_HINTS):
		user specified location: 22, 22
		program specified location: 22, 22
		program specified minimum size: 492 by 273

Last edited by Fred7109 (2015-06-07 17:22:56)

#10 2015-06-07 17:27:17

thiagowfx

I guess it's this one:

WM_NAME(STRING) = "AirVPN - Down: 66 KB/s Up: 2 KB/s - Rastaban (Sweden)"

I'm not aware of the features of devilspie, but can it match the window name?  You don't need to match the whole string, just 'AirVPN*'. I can say i3wm can do this and I believe devilspie can do it too: it is not even a regex, but just a simple wildcard match. I'd recommend you to  try to do that.

#11 2015-06-07 17:33:12

Fred7109

Thankyou, but the '*' do not work.

#12 2015-06-07 17:46:50

Fred7109

I think I found a program which can do this kpie. But how do I install it, its a .zip?

#13 2015-06-08 00:22:47

progandy

kpie does the same thing as devilspie and devilspie2. Why did you discard thos two programs?
With devilspie it should work like this:

(if
    (and 
        (contains (window_name) "AirVPN")
        (matches (window_name) "^AirVPN - Down: .* Up: .* - Rastaban .Sweden.$")
    )
    (SOME_ACTION ...)
)

With devilspie2 like this:

if (string.match(get_window_name(), "^AirVPN . Down: .- Up: .- . Rastaban .Sweden.$")) then
   set_SOMETHING()
end

Last edited by progandy (2015-06-08 00:26:43)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#14 2015-06-08 08:49:44

Fred7109

Thankyou, it is working perfect. I did not know it was possible to use above commands, I am not so familiar with programming.

Board footer