You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-20 14:51:23

bu.domino

[Solved] Cuttlefish Won't Start GUI

This is has been bothering me for some time. I don't know what I configured, installed, or otherwise modified in my system so that the GUI of Cuttlefish won't show up at all. It does not produce a systray icon or a window. Both used to show up before.
This is the case with both cuttlefish and cuttlefish-bzr in the AUR.
The programmed stimuli and reactions work just fine. (The screen locks if I remove the phone, etc.) The problem lies in the fact that I can't modify them or even view a list of them because of the missing GUI.

I tried running it in my Utopic Unicorn dual-boot, and it works just fine over there.
Searched Google for the keywords in the terminal output when I launch cuttlefish (just "cuttlefish" no options or arguments), but I turned up with almost nothing.

Below is the output when I launch it without the database of stimuli and reactions (I moved the file away from ~/.cuttlefish)

/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gi/overrides/__init__.py:306: Warning: The property GSettings:schema is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
  return super_init_func(self, **new_kwargs)
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gi/types.py:282: RuntimeWarning: Mixin class cuttlefish.plugins.CuttlePlugin is an old style class, please update this to derive from "object".
  RuntimeWarning)
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/Builder.py:78: Warning: The property GtkImage:stock is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
  Gtk.Builder.add_from_file(self, filename)
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/Builder.py:78: Warning: The property GtkImageMenuItem:use-stock is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/Builder.py:78: Warning: The property GtkSettings:gtk-menu-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/Builder.py:78: Warning: The property GtkImageMenuItem:image is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/Builder.py:78: Warning: The property GtkToolButton:stock-id is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/Builder.py:78: Warning: The property GtkWidget:margin-left is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/Builder.py:78: Warning: The property GtkWidget:margin-right is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/Builder.py:78: Warning: The property GtkMisc:xpad is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/Builder.py:78: Warning: The property GtkMisc:ypad is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
ERROR:cuttlefish.engine.Engine: _handle_exc() 'gtk-builder-error-quark: Invalid property: GtkTreeView.ubuntu_almost_fixed_height_mode on line 609 (11)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/cuttlefish", line 44, in <module>
    cuttlefish.main()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish/__init__.py", line 81, in main
    window = CuttlefishWindow.CuttlefishWindow()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/Window.py", line 44, in __new__
    builder = get_builder('CuttlefishWindow')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/helpers.py", line 42, in get_builder
    builder.add_from_file(ui_filename)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/Builder.py", line 78, in add_from_file
Error: gtk-builder-error-quark: Invalid property: GtkTreeView.ubuntu_almost_fixed_height_mode on line 609 (11)

'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/cuttlefish", line 44, in <module>
    cuttlefish.main()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish/__init__.py", line 81, in main
    window = CuttlefishWindow.CuttlefishWindow()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/Window.py", line 44, in __new__
    builder = get_builder('CuttlefishWindow')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/helpers.py", line 42, in get_builder
    builder.add_from_file(ui_filename)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cuttlefish_lib/Builder.py", line 78, in add_from_file
GLib.Error: gtk-builder-error-quark: Invalid property: GtkTreeView.ubuntu_almost_fixed_height_mode on line 609 (11)

Any help would be appreciated. A solution, doubly so.

Last edited by bu.domino (2015-06-16 09:04:42)

#2 2015-06-10 13:36:35

vinayv

Re: [Solved] Cuttlefish Won't Start GUI

I see the exact same issue on my arch setup as well..

#3 2015-06-13 19:31:01

Muflone
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

The packages cuttlefish and cuttlefish-bzr were updated and the issue ubuntu_almost_fixed_height_mode is fixed.

#4 2015-06-16 09:03:19

bu.domino

Great! Thanks! Would you know what caused the problem?

#5 2015-06-16 09:35:48

Muflone
Package Maintainer (PM)
Website

The cuttlefish source contains a graphical property specific for Ubuntu GTK libraries.
Initially such property was ignored from the vanilla GTK libraries but at some time the unrecognized property caused the application to stop.

The fix simply removes the unrecognized property from the graphical interface file.

Board footer