You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-22 12:27:28

Physicist1616

Device grabs on full-screen games

I'm having regular issues with full-screen applications failing to grab either the mouse or keyboard.

Minecraft:  When the game starts in fullscreen, it doesn't grab the keyboard until I load a save.  Also, if I go from window to fullscreen (F11 hotkey), the keyboard stops working until I click to exit the ESC menu.  If I'm in inventory, though, there is nothing to click to escape that menu, so I have to kill the process from a virtual console (because I can't get back to desktop without the keyboard; even alt-tab just changes window focus with the game still fullscreen and never puts the game in-focus).

Portal:  I haven't yet had the mouse work in fullscreen (but fullscreen is a little weird anyway because it never takes up my full screen, just 1/4th of it in the top-right corner; it's separate issue, but I'm interested if anyone knows what's up with that).

Can I force xorg, xfce, opengl, or something to forcibly give control to the fullscreen app when it's the only thing I can see, or is there something else wrong here?

#2 2015-06-24 00:13:11

randomguy

Re: Device grabs on full-screen games

So I get from your post you are running XFCE. WMs and/or DEs usually do the key grabbing. You could try running the games in a dedicated X session to see whether the issue persists.

Board footer