You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-27 14:58:21

firekage

How to edit Archwiki with "Firefox tweaks" topic

Hi.

I would like to ask for one think - recently i found out that using KDE and kTorrent (superb app) with Firefox does not allow me to open magnet links. On Archwiki

there is this:

Adding magnet protocol association

In about:config set network.protocol-handler.expose.magnet to false.

The next time you open a magnet link, you will be prompted with a Launch Application dialogue. From there simply select your chosen torrent client. This technique can also be used with other protocols. 

which is not correct for those who use KDE, kTorrent  and Firefox because changing theese solves nothing. I would like somebody to edit ArchWiki and add this:

I changed /usr/share/applications/kde4/ktorrent.desktop by appending: x-scheme-handler/magnet; to 'MimeType=xxx'

Then I edited ~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list by inserting the line: x-scheme-handler/magnet=kde4-ktorrent.desktop

which is from:
http://superuser.com/questions/44072/ho … in-firefox

Many websites instruct us to find "magnet" in firefox preferences (menu -> preferences > apps > magnet) and in my case, also with the one, who wrote this solution above (he used Fedora) does not work because we don't even have it. Adding what ArchWiki says with "network.protocol-handler.expose.magnet" and so on, does not work at all. Mentioned above solution works. Tried it, works.

Could somebody edit Firefox Tweaks or add it? I don't know how.

In short: we have to edit two files:

/usr/share/applications/kde4/ktorrent.desktop by appending: x-scheme-handler/magnet; to 'MimeType=xxx
~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list by inserting the line: x-scheme-handler/magnet=kde4-ktorrent.desktop

and we can have the ability of opening magnet in firefox with kTorrent.

Last edited by firekage (2015-06-27 14:59:50)

#2 2015-06-27 15:50:16

fsckd
Forum Fellow

Re: How to edit Archwiki with "Firefox tweaks" topic

Make an account on the wiki. Then you'll see a link to edit the page.

Moving from Arch Discussion to Forum & Wiki discussion.

aur S & M :: forum rules :: Community Ethos
Resources for Women, POC, LGBT*, and allies

#3 2015-06-27 16:59:51

firekage

Re: How to edit Archwiki with "Firefox tweaks" topic

Ok, thanks. I will do it.

Board footer