You are not logged in.

#1 2004-02-20 13:25:24

Moo-Crumpus

ftp setup - can't get kernel!

Actually, I ripped a friends PC to install arch on it. While I wanted to install the kernel-scsi-image, I fetch response of the system that it can't find the image.

Has anyone removed the kernel images, that are used by the arch iso cd????

I used ftp.archlinux.org as source. Afaik I can't switch sources while installation procedure.

It woulr be nice to get help pretty soon, as I am sitting here, having another cup of coffee, telling my friend it will work out in the end.

Frumpus addict
[mu'.krum.pus], [frum.pus]

#2 2004-02-20 13:39:03

dp
Website

Re: ftp setup - can't get kernel!

the kernels have now other names:

http://www.archlinux.org/news.php#48

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#3 2004-02-20 15:43:44

sarah31
Website

the kernel issue with ftp installs is currently known. it is because the kernels have been renamed. there is a thread in this forum i beleive that is titled practically the same thing and has solutions to your problem.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#4 2004-02-20 16:12:35

Moo-Crumpus

I found it in the arch news. Anyway. I felt more comfortable with leaving the kernel names as they have been used so far, and naming the new kernels kernel26 etc. No need to brake the system, don't you agree?

If the system has to be changed for strong reasons, then the basic installation sources should be changed, too, at the same time. Therefore, it would be nice to have a newer iso in short time.

Frumpus addict
[mu'.krum.pus], [frum.pus]

#5 2004-02-20 16:37:36

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Every time I've asked Judd what he's doing he's said he's working on the release.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

Board footer