You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-08 18:11:05

dockland

[SOLVED] Trying to configure x2go on 2 Arch computer

I have studied the wiki, both Secure Shell and x2go.
Maybe i should tell what i want to achieve. I currently run Arch on two computers. The remote server is a Intel NUC 5i7RYH and the client is my desktop. Both new installed Arch Xfce from scratch. Created from same ISO (lates one) and i want to use the "server" NUC to run some programs 24/7 and put it in another room, because of the fan noise that it can achieve sometimes.
So, looking around to manage the NUC from my main computer with some sort of graphical tool i heard of the program SSH that i could install and use. So i did following the wiki. Didn't get it to work so i installed x2go (that depends on ssh) and can't get it to run either. Following the respective wikis in the Arch wiki, but it fails. I do not have any knowledge about hostnames (all my computers at home have the same hostname) or net configuration i just wanted a program that works like "Teamvivewer" on Windows, but with a headless server (I have only one monitor) So i dont know if i shoul configure SSH (or Open SSH) config files (it doesnt find any directories when i try to start systemctl start x2go.service.

Failed to start x2goserver.service: Unit x2goserver.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

and i've done exactly everything stated in the wikis.

Is there a application that i can use instead of SSH or x2go, that dont require any knowlegde (like teamviewer) but that works on a headless server?

Last edited by dockland (2015-07-08 18:46:09)

I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
I use it to look at funny pictures of cats and to argue with strangers.

#2 2015-07-08 18:17:59

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Trying to configure x2go on 2 Arch computer

The error is self-explanatory. Please paste the exact commands you used to install and set this up. They will be in your shell history file (presumably, ~/.bash_history).

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2015-07-08 18:33:11

dockland

Re: [SOLVED] Trying to configure x2go on 2 Arch computer

jasonwryan wrote:

The error is self-explanatory. Please paste the exact commands you used to install and set this up. They will be in your shell history file (presumably, ~/.bash_history).

Before i do, i have around 1000 entries there in the history.
What is a "host"? is that meaning "server" or "client" both computers have the same host-name and username/password.

ssh doesn't work at all to or from either computer. Complaining that port 22 is not allowed. But i want to use port 1 (as stated in x2go wiki). So if i skip ssh and x2go is there a remote desktop application that work "headless" without any configuration (like teamviewer) I'm actually not that interested to learn SSH-basics or anything about that, so a "teamviewer solution" would be preferable. It's no complicated stuff i'm going to do, just manage some seeding of Linux distros 24/7 via a bit-torrent client, so i want to hide the NUC in another room or in the closet, where i can't hear it.

I think my mistake in this matter was that i mixed and was confused about open ssh and x2go and trying. I'll start from the beginning and uninstall x2go and try to figure out how SSH works in the first place. Then, when SSH (Open SSH) is working, i'll go on with other software's that can use SSH. First i have to learn how to connect via SSH from one computer to another. I'll mark this as solved.

Last edited by dockland (2015-07-08 18:45:56)

I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
I use it to look at funny pictures of cats and to argue with strangers.

Board footer