You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-09 17:56:12

zacariaz

[resolved] Small issue: Changing cursor color

NB: It would seem I made a similar thread back in 2012. I'm still in the process of figuring out how I did it, but I'm marking this as resolved anyway.

Basically I've installed openbox, made my own basic theme and all that remains is the cursors.

I'm perfectly happy with the default cursors except for the fact that they're black and while, where as I'd like black and green, though perhaps a different shade of green depending on whether it be background or foreground.

After fumbling around around a bit, I decided simply to ask here, because to be honest, I haven't got a clue. I found a solution to the very same problem years ago, but I can't remember, other than that it involved changing the actual cursor files.

So basically, which solution would you suggest?

For now I've copied the original cursors to .icons/theme/cursors/ and am now trying to figure out a way to to do a simple color replace without affecting alpha, but it somewhat complicates matters that I don't know which format the files need to be, and imagemagick won't work with me without me specifying.

Anyway, it's really the last thing I need to do be fore my new laptop have achieved perfection, so I hope you can help. wink

Last edited by zacariaz (2015-07-09 21:37:26)

I am a philosopher, of sorts, not a troll or an imbecile.
My apologies that this is not always obvious, despite my best efforts.

Board footer