You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-24 22:23:23

smnpl

[Solved] autofs issues

Hi,

since today I've got some issues with autofs. I've got a NAS device of which autofs is mounting network drives. Now, out of sudden, access to the mounted folders is hanging, and even blocking my terminal (ctrl+c without effect). So accesssing my shares is not possible. I'm a bit helpless at this  issue atm, as there is not error message and all configs stayed the same through the last couple of weeks.
Thoug sometimes, directly after system boot it seems to work. Thunar istn't starting, probably because it waits until the folder (I bookmarked it) is available.
My other machines (laptop with arch) do not have this issue (seems so for now).

Now, is there anything I missed regarding autofs or am I just facing a "bug"? How can I get some error output if something is not as it should be?

Best regards

Last edited by smnpl (2015-07-25 07:35:44)

The road to wisdom? - Well, it's plain and simple to express: Err and err and err again but less and less and less. - Piet Hein -

#2 2015-07-24 22:48:21

toz

Re: [Solved] autofs issues

smnpl wrote:

How can I get some error output if something is not as it should be?

Either stop the service:

systemctl stop autofs

...and run it manually:

automount -v -f

Or,

Add the verbose option to the config file and search for messages in the journal.

#3 2015-07-25 07:26:49

smnpl

Thanks, that helped.
One mount, that is located on a second NAS wasn't responding. So the whole service blocked. Rebooting the NAS solved the issue.

The road to wisdom? - Well, it's plain and simple to express: Err and err and err again but less and less and less. - Piet Hein -

#4 2015-07-25 07:31:00

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Please remember to mark your thread as [Solved] by editing your first post and prepending it to the title.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer