You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-14 22:42:23

karlch

[SOLVED] Typematic delay in xorg reset to default after suspend

Hello everyone!

I use the i3 wm and start it with an xinitrc. No display manager is involved. I have adjusted my typematic delay using xset in my i3 config file:

exec_always --no-startup-id xset r rate 200 60

Additionally acording to the arch wiki,
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ke … er_options
my /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-keyboard.conf is the following:

Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "system-keyboard"
        MatchIsKeyboard "on"

Option "XkbLayout" "de-ck"
        Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
        Option "XkbOptions" "caps:ctrl_modifier"
	Option "AutoRepeat" "200 60"
EndSection

All options, including the custom keyboard layout, are adjusted permanently but my typematic delay is reset to default after suspending. Am I misinterpreting the article in the Arch wiki and do I have to set the Xserver option somewhere else or is there another way to keep my custom option? If that isn't the issue could I suspend using another tool which would keep my typematic delay?

I would suspect that the server option is set incorrectly since it should not be necessary to set the typematic delay in my i3 config file. I use this as a workaround currently so I can reload the custom delay using two keystrokes.

For your information, I use the laptop mode tools and I suspend using systemd when my laptop lid is closed. Suspending works flawlessly.

Thanks a lot in advance! If you need more info or any logs just let me know.

Last edited by karlch (2015-07-27 22:27:53)

#2 2015-07-27 22:27:36

karlch

Re: [SOLVED] Typematic delay in xorg reset to default after suspend

Although this thread is rather old I will post the (trivial) solution in case someone finds it later on.

After the wiki article had been updated indicating that the Xserver options do not work anymore I tried passing them directly at startup, probably should have done this immediately. My /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc is therefore now:

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/X -nolisten tcp -ardelay 200 -arinterval 17 "$@"

Board footer