You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-27 13:28:10

tawayee

[SOLVED] arrow on the LXDE desktop icons

Just installed LXDE and found that there's a curved arrow on the top-left corner of every desktop icon. I really hate this and wonder how I can remove it?
Sorry I can't do the screenshot right now but I guess you know what I'm asking about.

thanks in advance.

Last edited by tawayee (2015-07-28 02:18:09)

#2 2015-07-27 21:32:49

Chazza
Wiki Maintainer

Re: [SOLVED] arrow on the LXDE desktop icons

I think the arrow means that the files in your ~/Desktop folder are shortcuts to .desktop files instead of real .desktop files. I'm not sure how you could remove the arrows but you could solve this by using real .desktop files instead. They can be found in /usr/share/applications mainly. Say for example you want a Firefox .desktop icon, you would execute:

cp /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop ~/Desktop

#3 2015-07-28 02:17:50

tawayee

Re: [SOLVED] arrow on the LXDE desktop icons

Chazza wrote:

I think the arrow means that the files in your ~/Desktop folder are shortcuts to .desktop files instead of real .desktop files. I'm not sure how you could remove the arrows but you could solve this by using real .desktop files instead. They can be found in /usr/share/applications mainly. Say for example you want a Firefox .desktop icon, you would execute:

cp /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop ~/Desktop

That exactly solves my problem. Many thanks for taking time to answer such a trivial question!

Board footer