You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-30 14:18:38

dockland

(SOLVED) Just added a second monitor (XFCE)

Just added a smaller secondary monitor (only HDMI) to my Arch computer. My main/primary monitor is a little bigger one on DP, everything works like charm. Arch/Xfce found my new HDMI-monitor instantly @ boot but, when i move my cursor to the left on my left monitor it appears on the right side on my new smaller (secondary) monitor that is placed to the right side on my desk. I'd like the mouse to work "just the opposite" so when i drag my mouse to the right of the primary monitor, it will show up on the right side of my monitor that stands to the right on my desk. I don't want to switch places on the monitors.

Additional info:

Once i installed Arch i used the HDMI-output on my Nvidia GTX 960, but this new monitor only have HDMI, so i switched my Primary (old) monitor to DP instead. But it's stated as Display2 in displaysettings, and my new, smaller monitor is on the HDMI-port, that one is Display1. Can i switch these displays some how afterwards? So display2 becomes display1 and vice versa?

Last edited by dockland (2015-07-30 21:34:29)

I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
I use it to look at funny pictures of cats and to argue with strangers.

#2 2015-07-30 16:31:06

FlowIt

Re: (SOLVED) Just added a second monitor (XFCE)

Install xfce4-settings, then open the settings menu and go to 'Display'. You can move your monitors there the way you like it.

#3 2015-07-30 16:46:40

dockland

Re: (SOLVED) Just added a second monitor (XFCE)

FlowIt wrote:

Install xfce4-settings, then open the settings menu and go to 'Display'. You can move your monitors there the way you like it.

omg, was it that simple? Thank You!

I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
I use it to look at funny pictures of cats and to argue with strangers.

Board footer