You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-01 20:07:00

misal6666

Login incorrect after adding user

I just installed closely following beginner's guide on wiki. I did those exact steps and i booted in my arch tty. Now i had to add user so i used this command
useradd -m -g users -G wheel,storage,power -s /bin/bash USERNAME

aftet this i uncommented the #%wheel line in visudo.

I tried to login to my system with my added username and password but it shows that my login is incorrect. I tried to add another user using an example on wiki but same thing happened again. Now i can add user but can not login from it. Because of that I am not able to use yaourt lr packer as they need to be run without root.

I don't think i should use my root user for day to day purposes.

Is there any workaround for this?

#2 2015-08-01 20:12:27

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Login incorrect after adding user

misal6666 wrote:

I just installed closely following beginner's guide on wiki...
useradd -m -g users -G wheel,storage,power -s /bin/bash USERNAME

Please don't lie.  We will (try to) help you regardless of which guide you have followed, but if you lie to us, we will be unable to.  That command is not in the wiki.*

Did you set a password for the new user?  If so, how?

* edit: but guess where that exact command can be fount: that lifehacker guide you were already advised against using.  In fact this very problem is because you followed that gude which is missing an essential step.  Stop using crap guides.  Use the wiki, or ask on lifehacker.  You've already been warned about this.

Closed.  Binned.

Reopened upon appeal from the OP.  But my comments will remain as a 'caveat emptor' to anyone who may try to help.  I hope somone can help this fellow, but it will not be me.

Last edited by Trilby (2015-08-01 23:06:38)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer