You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-12 19:07:39

BonVoyYawg

[Solved] Splashtop Streamer issues

I've spent a bit of time over the past few weeks trying to fully convert to Arch as my desktop OS and one of my main hurdles is utilizing Splashtop Streamer to remotely access my desktop. I'm sure there are other remote access technologies available that I can use, however Splashtop has a few features that I require. Up until this week, the package splashtop-streamer was available on AUR and I was able to install it but I had a major issue with it.

The package installs and I know that networkmanager was a bit of a requirement in order to get working to a degree. I am able to launch the application, sign in with my splashtop credentials and I am even able to see the streaming PC with my splashtop client. However when I select the archlinux splashtop streamer to connect to, it attempts to connect then fails. Once my client refreshs the list of available streamers, my archlinux streamer is no longer available to connect to.

My Splashtop Streamer log file for Arch is here. Meanwhile, I made a quick Ubuntu VM and installed the same streaming client to get a better view of what the log file should look like. The operational Ubuntu Streamer log file is here.

My thoughts are that it might be network related. Since the streamer then suddenly disappears from my streamer list on my client and my log file stops there.

I was able to reproduce this issue by building the package from here since it is no longer on AUR.

For networking, I installed two packages (and their dependencies) "networkmanager" and "networkmanager-connection-editor". I then enabled the NetworkManager service on boot and I launch splashtop-streamer from within XFCE as my non-root user.

Any pointers or directions appreciated, I'm mostly not sure where to start with this, but I'd like to help. If I could get some ideas where to look for errors that'd be immensely helpful.

EDIT: Someone has uploaded it to AUR now. Still the same issue, made a comment on the page there.

When I run the x86_64 package I receive:

[yawg@yawgtest ~]$ python2 /opt/splashtop-streamer/SRStreamer.pyc 
/opt/splashtop-streamer/SRTray.py:21: Warning: gsignal.c:2451: signal 'child-added' is invalid for instance '0x5621f7915db0' of type 'GtkMenu'
SRFeature: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by SRFeature)
SRFeature: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by SRFeature)

I presume the SRTray.py issue has to do with the tray icon, but the no version information available error is concerning, could this be the reason it is failing to connect? Should I remove my current openssl package for one I compile myself or another package somewhere?

EDIT 2: Found this post from a while ago and another saying that the version information wasn't usually an issue and that networkmanager might be. :-/

Last edited by BonVoyYawg (2016-01-29 06:14:00)

#2 2016-01-28 07:59:03

tbjta

Re: [Solved] Splashtop Streamer issues

Try to install libx264-142 from the AUR. That got it working for me.

#3 2016-01-28 08:16:42

BonVoyYawg

tbjta wrote:

Try to install libx264-142 from the AUR. That got it working for me.

Holy crap. Didn't work running as my user but running splashtop-streamer with sudo after installing that package worked! Thank you so much!

#4 2016-01-29 05:55:39

x33a
Forum Fellow

@BonVoyYawg,

Please mark your thread as solved.

Board footer