You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-15 14:36:59

tentorange

openbox + nemo = no icons in nemo

Hi there,

currently I am running Arch with openbox as desktop-environment and want to use Nemo as file manager.
Installation went smoothly and Nemo starts quickly and everything works. Except for the icons. Instead of the forwards and backwards and home and whatever icons I get a small placeholder icon (see the screenshot below).

Commandline output hints to some GTK issues:

%nemo                                                                   [139]
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0".

(nemo:22594): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: 
The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

(nemo:22594): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkSettings:gtk-menu-images is deprecated and shouldn't 
be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(nemo:22594): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkSettings:gtk-button-images is deprecated and shouldn't
be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(nemo:22594): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkWidget:margin-left is deprecated and shouldn't be used
 anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(nemo:22594): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkWidget:margin-right is deprecated and shouldn't be
 used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

(nemo:22594): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkCellRendererPixbuf:follow-state is deprecated and
 shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.

no icon

I have gtk2 and gtk 3 installed and I tried changing the icon theme with help of lxappearance. But it didn't help.
So far, I didn't have any luck with my internet searches, therefore this post.

Any ideas on what to try?

Oha.

Board footer