You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-12 19:20:56

FistingKittens

[Solved] Library/program mismatch in BOINC

Trying to get boinc up and running but I'm getting a library mismatch error

Warning: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1008,wx containers,compatible with 2.6),
and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6).

Last resort is downgrading C++ ABI 1008, worried i might muck up my other dependencies though. Can i recompile from source and force boinc to use 1008 instead or is it possible to get C++ ABI 1002 somewhere on my machine but only have it be accessible by BOINC through some kind of symlink? Any directions towards a possible solution is much appreciated.

Last edited by FistingKittens (2015-08-17 04:00:28)

#2 2015-08-12 19:49:34

karol
Archivist

Re: [Solved] Library/program mismatch in BOINC

How did you install and run boinc?
What's the output of

uname -a

#3 2015-08-12 20:07:54

FistingKittens

I've tried using both the boinc package from the official repositories and downloading the standalone linux client from the boinc website, both return the same error.

karol wrote:

What's the output of

uname -a
Linux Arch-linux 4.1.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 3 21:30:37 UTC 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Last edited by FistingKittens (2015-08-12 20:08:41)

#4 2015-08-16 10:39:56

KuchiKuu

I'm haing the same problem

[kuchikuu@Archie ~]$ uname -a
Linux Archie 4.1.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Aug 3 21:30:37 UTC 2015 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I'm

When I run the boincmgr from pacman

[kuchikuu@Archie ~]$ boincmgr
The library used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1008,wx containers,compatible with 2.6),
and your program used 2.8 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx containers,compatible with 2.6).
execvp(/home/kuchikuu/boinc, --redirectio, --launched_by_manager) failed with error 2!
execvp(/home/kuchikuu/boinc, --redirectio, --launched_by_manager) failed with error 2!

The errors appear when I try to connect to the localhost which result in  a disconnect status. The passord from the file I've written in "Select computer" an nothing... can't connect to localhost.

Boinc from official webpage

[kuchikuu@Archie BOINC]$ sh run_manager
/home/kuchikuu/Downloads/BOINC/boinc: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /home/kuchikuu/Downloads/BOINC/boinc)
/home/kuchikuu/Downloads/BOINC/boinc: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found (required by /home/kuchikuu/Downloads/BOINC/boinc)
/home/kuchikuu/Downloads/BOINC/boinc: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /home/kuchikuu/Downloads/BOINC/boinc)
/home/kuchikuu/Downloads/BOINC/boinc: /usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /home/kuchikuu/Downloads/BOINC/boinc)
/home/kuchikuu/Downloads/BOINC/boinc: /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found (required by /home/kuchikuu/Downloads/BOINC/boinc)
/home/kuchikuu/Downloads/BOINC/boinc: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /home/kuchikuu/Downloads/BOINC/boinc)

Everywhere errors. I can't connect to localhost no matter which version I'm using. I've added a group named boinc, I changed chmod of password file to 640. Still can't connect to localhost.

PS: I hope I'm not hijacking the topic. I'm just writing because I have the same version of Arch installed and I'm having "simillar" problem

#5 2015-08-16 10:43:39

DarkCerberus
Banned

KuchiKuu - it might be wise to next time post your own topic rather than necrobump someone else's - what is your locale.conf & locale.gen set to it might be a wrong locale please re-generate locale-gen with just en_US.UTF-8 and have you also got base-devel installed plus gcc?

Our enemies are your enemies, Nick. Disorder, war. It's just a matter of time before a dirty bomb goes off in Moscow, or an EMP fries Chicago.  ---  Alexander Pierce, Captain America: Winter Soldier
Access Denied! De-cryption failed, override denied all files sealed! --- Triskelion, Shield OS
-----
How to ask questions the smart way

#6 2015-08-17 03:56:27

FistingKittens

@KuchiKuu

Fixed my issue. Not sure what exactly did it but here are the steps i followed:

Removed boinc and it's dependencies

pacman -Rs boinc

Rebooted (probably unnecessary)

Reinstalled boinc

pacman -S boinc

Started/enabled the boinc service & generated the gui auth files

systemctl enable boinc

created the symlink

ln -s /var/lib/boinc/gui_rpc_auth.cfg gui_rpc_auth.cfg

Changed the permissions on the auth files

chmod 640 gui_rpc_auth.cfg

And lastly, removed the gui password.

I think my issue was with my symlink. Maybe the permissions were off, or maybe i accidentally started the boinc service instead of enabling it. Either way sees to work brilliantly now. According to the boinc forums moderator the mismatch warning is harmless.

Board footer