You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-07 15:57:42

riwa

Using azureus (or any torrent)?

It doesn't work. When I launch the torrent Arch doesn't find Azureus or bittorrent not ctorrent. And if I launch it manually using: bittorrent [filename] from the terminal it launches but nothing happens... How to configure it?

If you must have must. Have must.
- DKE supporters about this wonderful swedish soda.

#2 2006-04-07 17:12:43

McQueen

Re: Using azureus (or any torrent)?

Right click on the torrent when in KDE and in that window choose 'Open With'. Then navigate to Internet > Azureus. Tick the box that reads 'Remember Application Association' and then select 'Okay'. This is assuming you've installed the azureus program via pacman.

/path/to/Truth

#3 2006-04-07 18:18:45

mpie

also worth checking the azureaus wiki for lots of useful tips.....

#4 2006-04-07 19:35:34

riwa

Well thanks for your concern but I'm not really at that stage of problems. It's FIXING azureus not USING it that I need. It doesn't come up when I try to launch it. If the torrent-client is set up correctly then as soon as I launch the link I 'll get the option to open it with preferred client. There's none there. And if I browse by /usr dir and launch it from there nothing happens.

If you must have must. Have must.
- DKE supporters about this wonderful swedish soda.

#5 2006-04-07 20:09:47

McQueen

Can you offer any terminal output?:

$ /usr/bin/azureus

/path/to/Truth

#6 2006-04-07 20:23:36

mpie

riwa wrote:

Well thanks for your concern but I'm not really at that stage of problems. It's FIXING azureus not USING it that I need. It doesn't come up when I try to launch it. If the torrent-client is set up correctly then as soon as I launch the link I 'll get the option to open it with preferred client. There's none there. And if I browse by /usr dir and launch it from there nothing happens.

little hostile that...

just save it to your desktop.

when you say lauch the torrent? what do you mean
you can either save it the open your progen and browse to the torrent to open it from within the client or set you browser to automatically ope the client when you click on a torrent..
what browser you using, what desktop you using...
all these things can affect it

Board footer