You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-06 22:29:07

Treize.k

X include files? + glX include files?

So i wanted to build a program that needs the X include files, but then i notice i don't even have a /usr/X11R6/include folder.. Anyone know what package that might be? I already did a full sys upgrade and installed xproto and glproto but apparently.. that wasn't it, i don't even know what that DID install. So.. any help would be much appreciated smile

#2 2006-04-06 23:47:32

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: X include files? + glX include files?

Xorg 7 doesn't use /usr/X11R6. The include files are being installed in /usr/include/X11.
To see what files were installed with a package, use:
pacman -Ql  xproto

The x include files are in the *proto packages. You might be missing a package. Here's a list of the ones on my system:

compositeproto
damageproto
dmxproto
fixesproto
fontcacheproto
fontsproto
glproto
inputproto
kbproto
printproto
randrproto
recordproto
renderproto
scrnsaverproto
trapproto
videoproto
xextproto
xf86dgaproto
xf86miscproto
xf86vidmodeproto
xineramaproto
xproto

#3 2006-04-07 18:15:24

Treize.k

Sorry, my problem wasn't the include files apparently, its a linker error.

g++ main.cpp -o example -I"../../include" -I"/usr/X11R6/include" -L"/usr/X11R6/lib" -L"/usr/lib" -L"../../lib/Linux" -lIrrlicht -lGL -lGLU -lXxf86vm -lXext -lX11
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht.a(COpenGLDriver.o): In function `irr::video::COpenGLDriver::loadExtensions()':
COpenGLDriver.cpp:(.text+0x11dd): undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
COpenGLDriver.cpp:(.text+0x11f2): undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
COpenGLDriver.cpp:(.text+0x1207): undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
COpenGLDriver.cpp:(.text+0x121c): undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
COpenGLDriver.cpp:(.text+0x1231): undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
../../lib/Linux/libIrrlicht.a(COpenGLDriver.o):COpenGLDriver.cpp:(.text+0x1246): more undefined references to `glXGetProcAddress' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [all] Error 1

But here's the weird part, last night i installed the package libgl, and then it worked. The problem was that libgl conflicts with the nvidia package tho n so my X wouldn't start anymore. But now i reinstalled the nvidia package so it doesn't work again, even though the nvidia package has all the library files available in the libgl package.. so yeah, weird. As far as i understand that would have to mean that nvidia's libGL library files don't implement a certain function called glXGetProcAddress() or something but ur guess is as good as mine.. sad
'elp

#4 2006-04-07 18:20:24

Treize.k

Btw, I made a symbolic link in /usr/X11R6 to /usr/include/X11 for the include files just to be sure in case u were wondering.

#5 2006-04-07 21:07:15

Treize.k

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15297

I guess someone should notify the Irrlicht engine developer he should use glXGetProcAddressARB() instead of glXGetProcAddress() smile

Board footer