You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-28 23:09:43

lmello

kind of [SOLVED] GNOME 3: How do I take a screenshot of a lockscreen?

Something is not quite right when the screen is locked - the displayed time numbers are chopped by a few pixels - and I want to take a screenshot of it to illustrate. How can I do this?

Last edited by lmello (2015-08-29 00:12:51)

Fundamental Axiom of the Universe (aka Murphy's Law): Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
First Digital Deduction: Nothing obeys Murphy's Law so well as computers.
Second Digital Deduction: Everything go wrong at least once.
Third Digital Deduction: Things go wrong even when there's absolutely no possibility of anything go wrong.

#2 2015-08-28 23:32:27

ewaller
Administrator

Re: kind of [SOLVED] GNOME 3: How do I take a screenshot of a lockscreen?

Have you a screen shot program that has a delay?  If so, set the delay and lock the screen.  It might work hmm

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2015-08-29 00:09:46

lmello

ewaller wrote:

Have you a screen shot program that has a delay?  If so, set the delay and lock the screen.  It might work hmm

Yes, I do, but that'll be kinda tricky because the screen goes pitch black after a while. I'll try.

edit: it worked, thanks. Had to keep the mouse cursor moving. BUT If anyone has a more elegant solution ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by lmello (2015-08-29 00:22:32)

Fundamental Axiom of the Universe (aka Murphy's Law): Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
Third Digital Deduction: Things go wrong even when there's absolutely no possibility of anything go wrong.

#4 2015-08-29 00:16:43

mwillems

Your font clipping issue has been posted about a few times recently.  It's a regression in the freetype packages, which has been fixed upstream.  We're just waiting for the fixes to trickle down.  In the meantime you can revert to an earlier version of those packages to fix it.

#5 2015-08-29 00:16:52

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

#6 2015-08-29 00:23:53

lmello

mwillems wrote:

Your font clipping issue has been posted about a few times recently.  It's a regression in the freetype packages, which has been fixed upstream.  We're just waiting for the fixes to trickle down.  In the meantime you can revert to an earlier version of those packages to fix it.

Thank you, I just managed to file this task https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/46136 - a dupe of FS#45584

Board footer