You are not logged in.

#1 2006-04-08 21:46:32

sud_crow
Website

[SOLVED] Cant boot! LILO Problem

Hi everyone.
Trying to solve this Issue with my network after the last kernel update *2.6.16.1-8* i broke lilo.

After trying several 'possible' solutions, i decided to do a rollback to a previous kernel to see if maybe that was the problem, so i 'degraded'  to -5, although i knew it had sound problems.

After degrading to the kernel, i forgot to run ]# lilo, i have done this a couple of times before, so i though, no big deal, livecd, mount partition, chroot into it, lilo, and im out to solve the network issue again. But no. This time, LILO didnt like it, and im having a real ugly weekend, i could have survived it without network, but there is no way i can go through it without my PC, i need to work and study!

So, here is the error, after chrooting into the mounted /

root@pc]# /sbin/lilo
Fatal: raid_setup: stat("/dev/hda")

The 'funny' thing is... i dont have a raid array!
I already googled for this but couldnt find solutions, most of the problems are related to real raid users.

Can somebody help me?! Please!?

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

#2 2006-04-08 22:12:09

raskolnikov

Re: [SOLVED] Cant boot! LILO Problem

You have to populate the /dev of your chroot to run lilo. Type this before chroot : mount /dev /mnt/dev -o bind (this of cource suppose you mount your arch root in /mnt).

Excessive showering, grooming, and toothbrushing is not only vain, it wastes valuable coding time.

#3 2006-04-08 22:21:05

sud_crow
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Cant boot! LILO Problem

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS!

I dont know why i missed that... oh well, it was a long time since the last 'rescue' smile

I cant thank you enough for the quick response.

Regards

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

Board footer